PwC provides industry-focused Assurance, Tax, and business consulting services to build public trust and enhance value for our clients and our stakeholders. More than 180,000 people in 157 countries across our network share their thinking, experience, and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice.
Internship in Data Science (part-time)
We are looking for highly-motivated students that are eager to get a head start on their career and build and develop their competences in the field of Data Science, Statistics, Programming and Business Analysis. As an Intern in our Data Analytics team you will have a unique opportunity to learn how to design and implement tools and IT systems that helps our client to achieve their business goals and increase the probability of projects success. You will work on client projects throughout the whole project life cycle, from the initial planning stage to the installation and implementation.
- Working closely with our team of experts, you will be responsible for the development of valuable solutions for PwC clients, through the implementation of statistical data modeling, programming IT systems and reporting.
- You will support clients in in-depth understanding of the key-drivers for their current and future success and solving the strategic and operational problems
- Applying your expertise in quantitative business analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication with various project stakeholders.
- Understanding of project team roles and pro-active contribution to overall team success.
- MSc or PhD Student in final or penultimate year (preferred Math, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Operational Research or related).
- Command of predictive analysis tools (preferred Python, R or SAS)
- Experience with analysis of large data sets (in particular a good knowledge of machine learning algorithms)
- Willingness to learn new tools and software solutions, i. a. (Python, Spark, Hadoop, geospatial analysis tools)
- Basic understanding of economics and management issues
- Very good English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - essential in day-to-day cooperation with clients and the team
- Ability to work at least 20 hours per week
Additional requirements (nice to have)
- Knowledge of tools and programming languages using in large data sets analysis in Hadoop ecosystem (for instance Pig, Hive, Spark)
- Experience in effective visualization (Shiny, Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI, Tibco Spotfire)
- Familiar with database tools and techniques (SQL, OLAP, ETL)
- Interest in behavioral economics and/or data science
- Kaggle profile
- Opportunity to develop skills in statistical modeling embedded in business realities.
- Gaining knowledge and experience in the practical use of technology centered around Big Data on projects carried out for companies from various sectors.
- Chance to take part in truly international projects and travel to various locations around the world.
- After-work team building activities and get-togethers.
- Highly attractive remuneration package including wide portfolio of benefits.
Ochrana osobních údajů pro žadatele o zaměstnání: https://www.pwc.com/cz/cs/kariera-dnes/ochrana-osobnich-udaju.html
Privacy Statement for Recruitment Applicants: https://www.pwc.com/cz/en/kariera-dnes/ochrana-osobnich-udaju.html
Informace o pozici
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Česká republika, s.r.o.
- Hvězdova 1734/2c, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: University
- Required languages: Czech (Advanced), English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Notebook, Educational courses, training, Corporate events
- Listed in: Economics and Business Finance, IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Part-time work
- Employer type: Employer
Practical training and short-term placement, trainee programs, also suitable for graduates.