PwC provides industry-focused Assurance, Tax, and business consulting services to build public trust and enhance value for our clients and our stakeholders. More than 180,000 people in 157 countries across our network share their thinking, experience, and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice.
Junior Data Scientist (full-time)
We are looking for highly-motivated candidates that are eager to build and develop their competences in the field of Data Science, Statistics, Programming and Business Analysis. As a consultant in our Data Analytics team you will have a unique opportunity to design and implement tools and IT systems that helps our client to achieve their business goals and increase the probability of projects success. You will work closely with clients throughout the whole project life cycle, from the initial planning stage to the installation and implementation. Our team brings together the inspiring, friendly and dynamic culture of a start-up with the global presence and stability of large Multi-national Company. The team is composed of true Data analytics and Data science experts and Mathematics and Statistics enthusiasts. Our leaders are highly experienced professionals with extensive successful track record in the field of Data Analytics and Data Science, they practice a very hands-on approach to leadership and are always looking to positively challenge and motivate their fellow colleagues.
- Working closely with the team of experts, you will be responsible for the development of valuable solutions for PwC clients, through the implementation of statistical data modeling, programming IT systems and reporting. You will support clients in in-depth understanding of the key-drivers for their current and future success and solving the strategic and operational problems
- Applying your expertise in quantitative business analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication with various project stakeholders.
- Understanding of project team roles and pro-active contribution to overall team success.
- University degree (preferred Math, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Operational Research or related)
- Command of predictive analysis tools (preferred Python, R, SAS)
- Experience with analysis of large data sets (in particular a good knowledge of machine learning algorithms)
- Willingness to learn new tools and software solutions, i. a. (Spark, Hadoop, geospatial analysis tools, deep learning)
- Basic understanding of economics and management issues
- Very good English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - essential in day-to-day cooperation with clients and the team.
Additional requirements (nice to have)
- Knowledge of tools and programming languages using in large data sets analysis in Hadoop ecosystem (for instance Pig, Hive, Spark)
- Experience in effective visualization (Shiny, Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI, Tibco Spotfire)
- Familiar with database tools and techniques (SQL, OLAP, ETL)
- Interest in behavioral economics and/or data science
- Kaggle profile
- Opportunity to develop skills in statistical modeling embedded in business realities.
- Gaining knowledge and experience in the practical use of technology centered around Big Data on projects carried out for companies from various sectors.
- Chance to take part in truly international projects and travel to various locations around the world.
- After-work team building activities and get-togethers.
- Highly attractive remuneration package including wide portfolio of benefits.
Ochrana osobních údajů pro žadatele o zaměstnání: https://www.pwc.com/cz/cs/kariera-dnes/ochrana-osobnich-udaju.html
Privacy Statement for Recruitment Applicants: https://www.pwc.com/cz/en/kariera-dnes/ochrana-osobnich-udaju.html
Informace o pozici
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Česká republika, s.r.o.
- Hvězdova 1734/2c, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: University
- Required languages: Czech (Advanced), English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Notebook, Educational courses, training, Corporate events
- Listed in: Economics and Business Finance, IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.