Oracle is a technological corporation with many years as a top international software company. We are reshaping the IT industry with more than 400 000 customers in more than 145 countries. Oracle offers a comprehensive, fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems. Our industry-leading solutions give customers complete flexibility and unmatched benefits: application integration, advanced security, high availability, scalability, and low total cost of ownership.
We are located in Prague and Brno in the Czech Republic with a non-formal culture and cool environment on site.
Oracle is able to offer complex technological solutions to customers with the highest quality and caring.
Software Development Manager
#SWmanager #PragueHiring #DevManager
Oracle is looking for an enthusiastic Development leader, interested in using the latest technologies to develop cutting-edge solutions in the area of cloud services and responsive web applications.
Oracle is the second largest software company in the world. It holds a dominate place in enterprise computing and boasts a truly global footprint. Oracle cloud applications are accessed by users in every country on earth, and translated into a vast array of languages. Making Oracle global is the job of a team of globalization experts known as International Product Solutions (IPS). We work with groups across Oracle to provide internationalization best practices and facilitate translation. This includes developing and maintaining tools, building neural machine translation engines, developing sophisticated translation systems used by translation vendors and throughout Oracle, creating software libraries, educating teams, and globalization evangelizing.
You will lead the team responsible for developing our supply chain solutions, creating super-efficient and productive cloud based clients, with optimized UX for the 1500+ Project Managers and vendors that use our services. Your role will involve:
- Working with cutting edge technologies.
- NodeJS, Python, neural machine learning, CI/CD systems, ECMAScript 6, etc…
- Being part of an innovative fast paced global team.
- IPS engineers in Europe, US, and Asia
- Grow a strong technical team
- Oracle IPS is expanding in Prague.
- You will be expected to build a team of strong engineers.
- Providing technical leadership and guide a team to deliver in a rapid DevOps environment and own the technical direction of your group
- Driving innovation within the team and across Oracle and interact with leading engineers, data scientists, and designers.
- Mentoring a highly skilled team in a culture of ownership, agility, and quality
- The dev manager should have significant influence and pride in the engineering culture of his group.
- Develop industry leading software
- The dev manager is expected to be a hands-on coder along with the team.
- Everyone working together and the manager leading by example.
- You will be expected to both maintain existing software and build new, from the ground up, cloud applications.
Qualifications / experience:
Although not definitive, the ideal candidate will typically have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of 6 years in a software engineering role
- A minimum of 2 years in a senior management/leadership role
- In-depth knowledge of software development best practices
- Good understanding of UX design patterns
- Strong technical knowledge and demonstrable knowledge in at least 2 of the following:
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Knowledge of information security requirements
- Demonstrated familiarity with designing for microservices
- Ability to own all phases of development from design to operations
- Comfort with automation and CI/CD including continuous deployment to production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stake holders.
- Familiarity with translation management systems
- Knowledge of globalization and internationalization practices
- Experience in an information security role
- An opportunity to work in a dynamic international team
- Work with the latest Oracle & Open source technologies
- Competitive salary and opportunity for future career growth
- Interesting benefit package including heath care, paid sick leave, work from home, etc.
Informace o pozici
- Oracle Czech s.r.o.
- U Trezorky 921/2, Praha – Jinonice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Technology and development, Research and development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer