At Oracle + NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 40,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems.
The Release engineer will be part of the team responsible for delivering the Oracle NetSuite application code in a timely and efficient manner to both internal and external customers. This engineer will also help in testing all aspects of the release process to minimize the effects of the process on all customers. Responsibilities will include: supporting production and QA environments; mastering all build and release procedures and processes; testing new release procedures and tools with an emphasis on Oracle database migrations; learn and maintain our configuration management system; developing internal software tools; familiarizing yourself with our internal infrastructure; debugging issues with application servers and databases; creating new tools to automate manual work; taking deep dives into issues to find root causes.
This person must be an extremely bright, articulate, and accomplished problem solver, capable of troubleshooting and debugging complex problems. This person should be able to quickly diagnose problems in a fast moving, sometimes pressure filled environment. Ability to ask for help when needed is critical. Strong communication skills are as important as strong technical skills in this position. This person should be highly motivated and be ready to work in a highly-collaborative, team-oriented environment. Flexible schedule and readiness to help out in areas outside their comfort zone when necessary are essential. Expertise in SQL with knowledge of java, html, python and shell scripting are a must. Knowledge of JIRA ticketing system a plus.
Minimum Qualifications Qualifications/Skills:
- BS in Computer Science or comparable business degree
- 3+ years experience with SQL
- 3+ years experience with UNIX/Linux
- Superior understanding of DB systems management and design.
- Good scripting skills preferably in Bash and Python
- Knowledge of Java, Oracle, WebLogic, Cassandra
- Understanding of networking a plus
- Great attitude and work ethic
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills working in a team environment
- Organized and reliable, able to efficiently manage multiple tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, capable of working independently when needed
- Familiarity with software testing methodologies
Develop, analyze and maintain tools that support and automate processes for hardware or software product release. As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Informace o pozici
- Oracle Czech s.r.o.
- Dornych 510/38, Brno – Trnitá
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Corporate events, Individual schedules of working hours, International conferences
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer, Operating system and network administrator, Application SW administrator
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.
Job is also suitable for the physically challenged, attendance to company site required. Also suitable for: Disabled, Wheelchair bound, Other.