Oracle is a technological corporation with many years as a top international software company. We are reshaping the IT industry with more than 400 000 customers in more than 145 countries. Oracle offers a comprehensive, fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems. Our industry-leading solutions give customers complete flexibility and unmatched benefits: application integration, advanced security, high availability, scalability, and low total cost of ownership.
We are located in Prague and Brno in the Czech Republic with a non-formal culture and cool environment on site.
Oracle is able to offer complex technological solutions to customers with the highest quality and caring.
Site Reliability Developer
As a Service Reliability Developer (SRD), you will be focused on improving service reliability through automation, increasing performance and operability of Oracle Cloud Services through smart, scalable, repeatable solutions, and driving innovation back through the software development lifecycle.
You will have your hand on the pulse of the service and will play a key role in troubleshooting and resolving service issues.
You will create future automation and tooling that will allow us to continuously improve our service.
Your role in driving improvements in availability, effort and velocity will delight our customers while reducing costs of operations.
We are looking for a Service Reliability Operator (SRD) who will ensure the availability and resiliency of our Cloud services 24x7x365. The ideal candidate will always have a pulse on the Oracle’s SaaS services and be directly accountable for the troubleshooting and resolution of service issues while continuously developing solutions to improve telemetry and automation.
Your goal is to improve availability by reducing time to mitigate through software development, ensure we are measuring the right things, and automating tasks that impact development velocity, availability or productivity.
You will leverage excellence in communication, technical/business analysis, problem solving and attention to detail to methodically resolve issues. Technically, you will understand the full stack of the services you support (Network to Application) and are able to dig deep into the service to determine how to best mitigate customer impact.
Further, you will drive improvements through the development of solutions and engage partner teams to drive down incident counts, reduce severity of events and minimize Time to Mitigate. You will help create a “Site Up” culture across all Oracle Cloud teams.
We look to the SRD to continually review and enhance systems, methods, and applications to enable the delivery of a positive customer experience to highly acclaimed hosted SaaS products.
As a member of the Oracle Cloud Service Centre team, you will be surrounded by “willing to help” individuals representing some of the brightest and most innovative minds in the industry. You will be a part of an organization that prides itself on providing training, empowerment, and career progression.
- Automate the process of proactive service checks and enhance smart monitor/triage tools that span automated machine response, system/application alerts, E-mails, and phone calls to ensure appropriate priority and response.
- Gather data from service impacting events from multiple signals, including phone, E-mail, service telemetry, and alerting to build predictive models and automatic actions.
- Communicate with professionalism and precision to internal and external customers during high priority situations.
- Identify and work with engineering to implement opportunities for automation, signal-to-noise reduction, recurring issues, and other actions to reduce time to mitigate service impacting events and increase the productivity of Cloud Operations and Development resources.
- Manage the coordination, documentation and tracking of critical incidents ensuring rapid and complete issue resolution and appropriate closed loop to customers and other key stakeholders.
- Work upstream with Service Operations and Development to develop and maintain standard operator procedures and troubleshooting guides that improve time to mitigate.
- Participate in project delivery aimed at increasing capabilities around monitoring, notification, configuration and deployment of servers and applications within the Oracle Cloud Platform.
- Assist in the training and development of more junior team members.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
- Able to work as part of a shift in a 24x7x365 operations team.
- Must be willing to work non-standard work shift (though primary shift is daytime) including evenings, holidays and weekends on a rotation basis.
- University degree (or minimum College diploma) in the field of computer science or equivalent or 5+ years equivalent work experience in infrastructure, systems, engineering or development environment.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate with all levels during critical events.
- Strong Technical background with an ability to troubleshoot issues impacting large scale service architectures and application stacks.
- Demonstrable experience in one or more scripting/programming languages: Powershell, Python, Perl, PHP, etc.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols, firewall management, and database administration.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux, Linux services, and Linux networking.
- Configuration and maintenance of applications such as Apache, Memcached, Squid, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP.
- Excellent knowledge of JIRA, Confluence.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language. Team oriented.
- Highly self motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Informace o pozici
- Oracle Czech s.r.o.
- U Trezorky 921/2, Praha – Jinonice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Technology and development, Research and development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer