Oracle is a technological corporation with many years as a top international software company. We are reshaping the IT industry with more than 400 000 customers in more than 145 countries. Oracle offers a comprehensive, fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems. Our industry-leading solutions give customers complete flexibility and unmatched benefits: application integration, advanced security, high availability, scalability, and low total cost of ownership.
We are located in Prague and Brno in the Czech Republic with a non-formal culture and cool environment on site.
Oracle is able to offer complex technological solutions to customers with the highest quality and caring.
Where would you work?
This team is working on the Visual Builder Cloud Service (VBCS), a new service for the Oracle Cloud. VBCS enables
developers to visually and productively build rich business applications that work across multiple devices - from mobile
What would you do?
- As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems.
- Provide technical leadership to other software developers.
- Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
- Responsible for all phases of the product development cycle, including planning, feature development, writing unit tests, bug fixing and interaction with end users.
- Plan new features according to customer input and product direction.
- Develop new features and improve existing features of the software.
- Automate unit tests using test frameworks.
- Work towards improving quality, performance and usability of the product.
What we want you to have/be?
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
- Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel.
- Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Very good English in both written and spoken form
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and apply new knowledge quickly
- Deep comprehension of importance of teamwork
We would be glad, if you have something out of the following:
- Experience with modern web standards: HTML5, CSS3
- Experience building server-side functionality using Node.js
- Experience with additional aspects of client-side web development like performance tuning, security, SEO etc
- Experience building web applications for mobile devices
- Exposure to software development methodologies
What we offer in exchange?
- Flexible working hours including work from home program
- Office right at the metro station Jinonice in Prague 5
- Informal and friendly culture
- Work with cutting edge technologies and products
- An opportunity to work in a dynamic international work environment and team of skilled professionals
- Competitive salary and benefit package
Information about position
- Oracle Czech s.r.o.
- U Trezorky 921/2, Praha – Jinonice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Technology and development, Research and development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer