Oracle is a technological corporation with many years as a top international software company. We are reshaping the IT industry with more than 400 000 customers in more than 145 countries. Oracle offers a comprehensive, fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems. Our industry-leading solutions give customers complete flexibility and unmatched benefits: application integration, advanced security, high availability, scalability, and low total cost of ownership.
We are located in Prague and Brno in the Czech Republic with a non-formal culture and cool environment on site.
Oracle is able to offer complex technological solutions to customers with the highest quality and caring.
Virtual Machine Research Developer
In April 2018 Oracle introduced GraalVM - an extended Java virtual machine supporting multiple languages and execution modes. Such a step forward from a research project into a mature product requires personnel expansion due to the emergence of new customers and further development.
The GraalVM team strives to provide a universal virtual machine for a polyglot world, to enable applications to perform faster and more efficiently. Our mission is to make development more productive and run programs faster anywhere. We aim to support as many libraries as possible and as many languages as GraalVM nature allows. Such goals require the team to grow and staff replenishment. More details about the product can be found at www.graalvm.org.
If you join the GraalVM team, you become a part of Oracle Labs - the sole organization at Oracle that is devoted exclusively to research. The vision of Oracle Labs is to identify, explore, and transfer new technologies that have the potential to substantially improve Oracle's business.
Oracle Labs is looking for a skilled Java Developer to join the GraalVM team on a full-time basis. You will work together with other software developers under the guidance of Oracle Labs seniors. We give you the opportunity to learn constantly, develop in a friendly international team of true professionals and build your career.
* 4+ years of work experience in Java development;
* Experience in software development using Java, Java EE or JAVA SE;
* Upper Intermediate/Advanced level in English, both spoken and written;
* Familiar with GIT and Maven;
* Understanding Agile principles;
* User experience of project management software like Atlassian or similar;
* Working well autonomously, without close supervision, readiness to take responsibility;
* Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
As a member of the software engineering team, you will:
* Review and study the existing GraalVM architecture and feature design documents;
* Develop Java-based tools to create new functionality and process large data sets;
* Contribute to the existing software architecture and documentation;
* Analyze, troubleshoot and debug GraalVM;
* Take part in tech discussion and decision-making process;
* Build and execute unit tests and test plans;
* Implement unit and integration tests, code review;
* Mustering and utilising new tools and techniques;
* Possible business trips to Prague, Linz and Zurich.
* Competitive salary based on the results of the interview;
* Free access to certain online trainings from Oracle University (https://education.oracle.com) and Oracle Learning Library (https://apexapps.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=44785:1);
* Friendly and highly professional teams;
* Comfortable workplace and office facilities;
* Career and professional growth within an international team;
* Paid vacations, days off and sick leaves;
* Flexible working hours;
* Official employment;
* Opportunity for business trips to Austria, Czech Republic and Switzerland.
Informace o pozici
- Oracle Czech s.r.o.
- U Trezorky 921/2, Praha – Jinonice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Technology and development, Research and development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer