ORACLE PRAGUE or ORACLE LINZ (Austria) - RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT #java
In April 2018 Oracle introduced GraalVM - an extended Java virtual machine supporting multiple languages and execution modes. Such a step forward from a research project into a mature product requires personnel expansion due to the emergence of new customers and further development.
The GraalVM team strives to provide a universal virtual machine for a polyglot world, to enable applications to perform faster and more efficiently. Our mission is to make development more productive and run programs faster anywhere. We aim to support as many libraries as possible and as many languages as GraalVM nature allows. Such goals require the team to grow and staff replenishment. More details about the product can be found at www.graalvm.org.
If you join the GraalVM team, you become a part of Oracle Labs - the sole organization at Oracle that is devoted exclusively to research. The vision of Oracle Labs is to identify, explore, and transfer new technologies that have the potential to substantially improve Oracle's business.
Oracle Labs is looking for a skilled Java Developer to join the GraalVM team on a full-time basis. You will work together with other software developers under the guidance of Oracle Labs seniors. We give you the opportunity to learn constantly, develop in a friendly international team of true professionals and build your career.
* 4+ years of work experience in Java development;
* Experience in software development using Java, Java EE or Java SE;
* Upper Intermediate/Advanced level in English, both spoken and written;
* Familiar with GIT and Maven;
* Understanding Agile principles;
* User experience of project management software like Atlassian or similar;
* Working well autonomously, without close supervision, readiness to take responsibility;
* Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
As a member of the software engineering team, you will:
* Review and study the existing GraalVM architecture and feature design documents;
* Develop Java-based tools to create new functionality and process large data sets;
* Contribute to the existing software architecture and documentation;
* Analyze, troubleshoot and debug GraalVM;
* Take part in tech discussion and decision-making process;
* Build and execute unit tests and test plans;
* Implement unit and integration tests, code review;
* Mustering and utilising new tools and techniques;
* Possible business trips to Prague, Linz and Zurich.
Competitive salary based on the results of the interview;
Free access to certain online trainings from Oracle University (https://education.oracle.com/) and Oracle Learning Library (https://apexapps.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=44785:1);
Friendly and highly professional teams;
Comfortable workplace and office facilities;
Career and professional growth within an international team;
Flexible working hours;
Opportunity for business trips to Austria, Czech Republic and Switzerland.
Informace o pozici
- Oracle Czech s.r.o.
- U Trezorky 921/2, Praha – Jinonice
- Požadované vzdělání: Bakalářské
- Požadované jazyky: Angličtina (Středně pokročilá)
- Zařazeno: IS/IT: Vývoj aplikací a systémů, Technika a vývoj, Věda a výzkum
- Typ pracovního poměru
- Typ pracovního poměru: Práce na plný úvazek
- Délka pracovního poměru
- Délka pracovního poměru: Na dobu neurčitou
- Typ smluvního vztahu
- Typ smluvního vztahu: pracovní smlouva
- Zadavatel: Zaměstnavatel