MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
We are looking for a highly skilled individual with subject matter expertise in Network Security, Firewall Management, IPS/IDS, VPN, Reverse Proxy, Remote Access, Mobile Remote Access and Network Protocols who will support global network perimeter solutions, services, and hardware.
As a Network Security Specialist, you will work on security and perimeter related projects, perform changes to the perimeter infrastructure, monitor the health of the architecture, investigate and resolve problems, and execute projects for devices within the infrastructure. You will work independently on a variety of projects and tasks that range from smaller targeted tasks, to larger global technical problems and projects.
You will manage multiple varied technologies and communicate across IT and with business counterparts to address perimeter technology issues.
You will be entrusted with decision making activities during problem resolution activities. It is expected that your experience will become an integral member of the decision-making process for operating procedures, to assist in problem analysis, and to recommend enhancements to improve the operation of the perimeter team.
Required Experience and Skills
- +4 years in Network Engineering/Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Science, or equivalent experience
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of Networking Perimeter technologies
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills:
- Able to establish good working relationships globally and collaborate with networks of employees at all levels
- Ability to foster cooperation in others
- High personal integrity, credibility, and energy
- Decision making skills
- Experience supporting remote access tools, architectures, and utilities
- Engineering or Operations support of VPN solutions such as IPSEC, GRE and SSL
- Experience with Federation services and Radius
- Experience with Cloud Exchange, AWS, Azure, and VPC’s.
- Solid understanding and expertise with Network LAN/WAN
- Solid understanding and expertise of Cisco routers and switches
- Solid understanding and expertise of Networking Protocols
- Strong knowledge of Juniper SA / MAG / Pulse Security Gateways
- Strong knowledge of firewalls, reverse proxies, VPN solutions and Web Gateways
- Industry recognized certifications such as CISSP, CCNA/CCNP/CCIE (at least one of them)
- Ability to be on-call on a rotating basis.
- Demonstrated experience successfully deploying and supporting:
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Juniper SA / MAG / Pulse Security Gateways
- Cisco Security Manager (CSM)
- Cisco IOS Routers and Switches
- Competitive remuneration
- Position in a leading global healthcare company
- Challenging career
- Professional growth based on performance
- Innovative and flexible working environment
- Wide range of benefits
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
Informace o pozici
- MSD IT
- Svornosti 3321/2, Praha – Smíchov
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Education allowance, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, Individual schedules of working hours, A longer unpaid leave, Foreign business trips, Self-organization of the job, International conferences
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer