The Memsource Group, headquartered in Prague, provides the world’s most comprehensive and reliable solution for taking digital products global. We offer leading products for translation management (Memsource) and software localization (Phrase) and are proud to have some of the largest global businesses using our platforms daily.
Memsource (memsource.com) is our cloud-based, machine translation enabled translation management system. With the use of AI-power, Memsource helps global corporations and the language services industry in the Americas, Europe, and Asia automate the localization for large volumes of multilingual content.
Phrase (phrase.com) is our software localization platform—the top choice for software developers, product teams, and designers who create multilingual digital products for global markets. Phrase is the most reliable choice for localizing a website or mobile application and helps teams of all sizes scale their translation processes through smart automation.
Java Backend Developer
Join a small team of very experienced Java backend developers and help us improve the core of the Memsource platform. The team is responsible for 10+ backend components and you’ll help with:
- Text extraction from 50 different file formats and storing data in MongoDB
- Creating translated files with all original formatting preserved
- Storing translations in Elasticsearch to be used for similar texts in the future
- Spell-checking, word completion and text quality assurance
- Integrating 20+ external machine translation engines
- Preserving terminology
- Providing data for AI components and much more
- Having your code in the production in the matter of weeks
- Automated testing, deployments, static code analysis and code reviews in GitLab
- Having a chance to work with new technologies like Java 11 or Elasticsearch 7
- Closely cooperating with the infrastructure, AI and other teams
- Creating solutions that scale. Our databases contain terabytes of data and we serve tens of thousands of requests per minute
You Should Have
- At least 3 years of experience in Java
- Solid understanding of HTTP protocol
- Deep knowledge of multithreaded programming
- User experience in Linux
- Working knowledge of XML and Git
Skills We Welcome
- MongoDB and other NoSQL databases
- Experience with big data
- Spring Boot
Why should you work at Memsource?
- You’re interested in working at a successful and rapidly growing technology company with a global presence
- Modern technical setup for employees
- Professional and extensive onboarding
- HQ in Prague’s historical center
- Flexible working hours, home office options, 5 weeks of vacation and up to 3 fully paid sick days
- Further education through online language classes, conferences, and more
- Complimentary tea and coffee, bicycle stands, and a shower
- We hold weekly TGIF (Thank God It´s Friday) meetings where everyone is updated on the latest company news
- Bi-annual team building weekends, including camping and a winter hiking trip to Sněžka mountain
Informace o pozici
- Memsource a.s.
- Spálená 108/51, Praha – Nové Město
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Sick days, Corporate events, Work mostly from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer, Java developer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract, contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No.
- Employer type: Employer
Job is also suitable for the physically challenged, attendance to company site not required. Also suitable for: Disabled, Wheelchair bound, Other.