Founded in 2010, Memsource is the world’s leading cloud-based translation management system. Headquartered in Prague, we serve customers in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Memsource helps global customers translate more efficiently and some of the world’s largest global businesses are our customers. Over 2 billion words are processed monthly through the Memsource Cloud translation platform. Our team of 70+ is based in Prague, Czech Republic; Boston, US; and Tokyo, Japan.
Java / Groovy Developer
Join our team of experienced Java developers and help us improve the core of the Memsource platform taking care of:
- Management and automation of translations (projects, file uploads, quotes, etc.).
- UI rendering using server pages and Vue.JS.
- Management of users including authorization and subscriptions.
- API endpoints used internally in our editors and externally by end clients.
- Calling 10+ internal backend services for things like machine translation or spellchecker.
- Analytics & reporting.
You will enjoy
- Having your code in production in less than a month
- Automated testing, deployments, static code analysis and code reviews in GitLab
- Automatically generated API documentation
- Very interesting discussions with the infrastructure, AI and other teams, with the possibility to be actively involved
- Creating solutions that scale. Our databases contain terabytes of data, and we serve tens of thousands of requests per minute
- Bi-annual hackathons
You should have
- At least 3 years of experience in Java
- A solid understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Experience with any MVC web framework
- Working knowledge of Git
Skills we welcome
- Spring Boot
- Experience with big data and large-scale web applications
- Groovy and Grails
- Spring MVC, Hibernate
- LESS, jQuery, Vue.JS, TypeScript
- IntelliJ IDEA
Why should you work at Memsource?
- You’re interested in working at a successful and rapidly growing technology company with a global presence
- You prefer to work independently in a small international team, with no corporate bureaucracy
- We know you have a life outside of the office - enjoy flexible hours and a home office option
- You deserve 5 weeks of vacation and 3 sick days
- We value your work and offer competitive salaries
- You can improve your language skills with free on-site English and Czech lessons
- You will work in a newly renovated office in Prague’s city center near the Národní třída metro station, with wrap-around terraces and a chill-out area, complimentary tea and coffee, bicycle stands, and a shower
- We hold monthly all-hands meetings where everyone is updated on the latest company news
- Get out of the city with our bi-annual team building weekends, including camping and a winter hiking trip to Sněžka mountain
Informace o pozici
- Memsource a.s.
- Spálená 108/51, Praha – Nové Město
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, Individual schedules of working hours, Opportunity to work up hours, Self-organization of the job
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract, contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No.
- Employer type: Employer
Job is also suitable for the physically challenged, attendance to company site required. Also suitable for: Disabled, Wheelchair bound.