Founded in 2010, Memsource is the world’s leading cloud-based translation management system. Headquartered in Prague, we serve customers in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Memsource helps global customers translate more efficiently and some of the world’s largest global businesses are our customers. Over 2 billion words are processed monthly through the Memsource Cloud translation platform. Our team of 90+ is based in Prague/Czech Republic, Boston/US and Tokyo/Japan.
Big Data Engineer
More and more data is being processed by the Memsource Cloud platform and we are actively looking into ways how to utilize this potential for the benefit of our customers and the platform itself. Help us build next generation data processing environment for both data at rest and data in motion. Take part in
- providing our AI team with access to large amounts of data for model training
- creating self-service BI platform for Memsource team members and our customers
- utilizing modern data processing technologies
You should have:
- Bachelor or master level university degree in the field of computer science (alternatively, an adequate professional experience in this field)
- 3 years experience in (big) data engineering domain
- Experience with Hadoop and Hadoop-related technologies
- Experience with modern data processing technologies, such as Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams or others
- Good understanding of NoSQL database systems, such as MongoDB, Elasticsearch or others
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in Java and/or Scala programming languages
Skills we welcome:
- Proficiency in Python programming language
- Experience with AWS, Terraform, Ansible
- Experience with streaming data processing
- GDPR awareness
Why should you work at Memsource?
- You’re interested in working at a successful and rapidly growing technology company with a global presence.
- You prefer to work independently in a small international team, with no corporate bureaucracy.
- We know you have a life outside of the office - enjoy flexible hours and a home office option (up to 2 days a week).
- You deserve 5 weeks of vacation and 3 sick days.
- We value your work and offer competitive salaries.
- You are interested in attending professional development and learning opportunities such as developer conferences, workshops, meetups etc. Plus we have a developer library.
- You can improve your language skills with free on-site English and Czech lessons.
- You will work in a newly renovated office in Prague’s city center near the Národní třída metro station, with wrap-around terraces, a chill-out area, complimentary coffee, tea, and snacks, bicycle stands, and a shower.
- We hold weekly company breakfasts in the office and monthly all-hands meetings where everyone is updated on the latest company news.
- Get out of the city with our bi-annual team building weekends, including camping and a winter hiking trip to Sněžka mountain.
Informace o pozici
- Memsource a.s.
- Spálená 108/51, Praha – Nové Město
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, Individual schedules of working hours, Opportunity to work up hours, International conferences, Dedicated time for innovations
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract, contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No.
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.