Founded in 2010, Memsource is the world’s leading cloud-based translation management system. Headquartered in Prague, we serve customers in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Our product, Memsource Cloud, helps global customers translate more efficiently and some of the world’s largest global businesses are our customers. Over 2 billion words are processed monthly through the Memsource Cloud translation platform. Our team of 80+ is based in Prague/Czech Republic, Boston/US and Tokyo/Japan.
Technical Content Specialist
The Technical Content Specialist is a great role for a native English speaker with an interest in technology, technical writing, and languages. You will write, develop, and maintain documentation for our Memsource platform, including user manuals, online resources, and training materials. Join the Product Team at a rapidly growing technology company in the center of Prague and help shape the future of the translation industry.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Write, update, and manage the product user documentation and training materials.
- Coordinate with Product, Support, and Marketing teams on information related to product updates and new features.
- Proofread and contribute to English content within the Memsource platform (notifications, messages, etc.) consistent with the company style and tone.
- Research and stay up-to-date with the latest technical trends in the translation and localization industry.
- Understand key industry product terms and documentation best practices to improve the user’s support experience and the company’s SEO and online presence.
Who we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years of experience in technical and documentation writing, preferably for a B2B technology company.
- Native English speaker (required) with an excellent eye for grammar and clarity.
- Previous experience working with or managing wiki or online documentation systems (Desk.com, ZenDesk, Help Scout, ...) would be a plus.
- Experience in the translation and localization industry or with translation and CAT tool technology is preferred.
Why should you work at Memsource?
- You’re interested in working at a successful and rapidly growing technology company with a global presence.
- You prefer to work independently in a small international team, with no corporate bureaucracy.
- We know you have a life outside of the office - enjoy flexible hours and a home office option (up to 2 days a week).
- You deserve 5 weeks of vacation and 3 sick days.
- We value your work and offer competitive salaries.
- You will work in a newly renovated office in Prague’s city center near the Národní třída metro station, with wrap-around terraces, a chill-out area, complimentary coffee, tea, and snacks, bicycle stands, and a shower.
- You can improve your language skills with free on-site Czech lessons.
- We hold weekly company breakfasts in the office and monthly all-hands meetings once where everyone is updated with the latest company news.
- You are interested in attending professional development and learning opportunities such as conferences, workshops, meetups etc.
- Get out of the city during bi-annual team building weekends, including camping and a winter hiking trip to Sněžka mountain.
How to apply?
Please attach samples of documentation and/or technical articles with your CV and cover letter, or provide a link to an online profile.
Informace o pozici
- Memsource a.s.
- Spálená 108/51, Praha – Nové Město
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Refreshments on workplace, Sick day, Occasional work from home, Corporate Events, Individual schedules of working hours
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, Technical Writer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract, contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No.
- Employer type: Zaměstnavatel
Job is suitable for the physically challenged, attendance to company site required. Suitable for: Disabled.