We are a global management consulting firm that serves a broad mix of private, public and social sector institutions. We help our clients explore and apply all available levers for value-creation and growth, including strategy, operational improvement, and organizational restructuring.
In addition to the management consultancy entity, our office at Main Point Pankrác is also home to the McKinsey Global Services Prague. Since 2005, we belong to a worldwide network of McKinsey's competence centers comprised of unique and talented colleagues. Our teams have expertise and knowledge to address the most complex problems facing the Firm. We provide first class in-house services in four main areas: Technology & Digital, IT Support, Logistics & Administration and Procurement.
Global Helpdesk IT Specialist - different kind of IT support
Are you an effective troubleshooter? Are you ready for more than just a dispatcher’s role? Would you like to be appreciated for the job you do? Have you ever wanted to improve processes, but were not empowered to do so? If so, you belong to our Global Helpdesk Team!
Within the McKinsey IT function, the Global Helpdesk Team is the starting point for your development. We provide premium technical support to all McKinsey employees, helping them to get their business technology up and running as quickly as possible, and providing guidance during new technology implementations. Naturally, to be able to meet those expectations, we offer strong onboarding and continuous development programs, which make the GHD function a talent pool for our advanced technical teams and IT leadership groups.
The GHD Specialist is not a dispatcher’s role – we take full ownership of the case and try to resolve it at the first point of contact. The GHD Specialist is an IT generalist with a passion to help others, and an understanding that the helpdesk is not only about solving problems. We always provide a positive experience with a professional attitude, including times when you are unable to resolve an issue on your own and need to work with others to find a solution.
With the automation of the simpler tasks (forgotten passwords, email issues, etc.), we are giving the power to end users to resolve the issues by themselves. This gives us more time to deal with more complex tasks where we can add value. We are empowered to improve the current ways of working and contribute to the team knowledge base.
What we expect from you:
- Extensive knowledge of Windows (10) OS
- Solid knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Apple macOS, VPN, MS Office, Outlook and Mobile Devices
- Desire to learn new skills and to extend own knowledge about new IT technologies
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English; our internal business language
- Distinctive customer orientation combined with a strong sense of ownership
- Strong team spirit with the ability to work in both local and virtual team settings
What you can expect from us:
- Work within normal business hours (no night shifts)
- Sponsorship of working visa
- Intense onboarding training sessions & internal coaching program
- Further development opportunities
- Access to our Tech Lab to test the latest technologies
- Friendly yet professional colleagues who want to move things forward
- International working environment and experience
Some of your benefits:
- Mobile phone and laptop
- Full access to Safari books
- Height adjustable desks and the latest IT equipment
- Free on-site breakfast & Fruits, beverages and coffee throughout the day
- Sodexo Gastro card
- Above standard medical care for you and your immediate family members
- Multisport card
- Only a few steps from the C metro line and on-site parking spaces
- Bike lockers and shower facilities
- Charitable initiatives and fun activities
Please note that in case you will be successful in the assessment process we will be able to support you with relocation to Prague.
Informace o pozici
- McKinsey & Company, Inc. Prague - organizační složka
- Milevská 2095/5, Praha – Krč
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Above-standard medical care, Notebook, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer