We are a global management consulting firm that serves a broad mix of private, public and social sector institutions. We help our clients explore and apply all available levers for value-creation and growth, including strategy, operational improvement, and organizational restructuring.
In addition to the management consultancy entity, our office at Main Point Pankrác is also home to the Prague Service Hub. Since 2005, we belong to a worldwide network of McKinsey's competence centers comprised of unique and talented colleagues. Our teams have expertise and knowledge to address the most complex problems facing the Firm. We provide first class in-house services in four main areas: Technology & Digital, IT Support, Logistics & Administration and Procurement.
Team Lead - Survey Design Center/Market Research
Survey Design Center (SDC) is an entity within McKinsey's worldwide IT organization with presence in the Czech Republic, Costa Rica and India. The center provides online survey solutions to our global network of management consultants. Our goal is to provide McKinsey’s thought leaders with quick set up of surveys to conduct research during the client engagements as well as internally.
Despite being part of a large, multinational organization, our group works more like a
small startup company. Our teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We are challenged every day with new requirements and crafting innovative solutions. This keeps pushing us to refine our skill set, be it negotiating on a tight deadline or successfully incorporating a new functionality never done before.
As the Team Leader, you will manage the SDC team in Prague, currently 3 colleagues, ensuring the delivery of top-class services to our internal customers. This is a position where you will inspire trust and action from your team as you develop them to reach their potential, it is not a role about control and hierarchy. While you are responsible for the team results in Prague, you will also lead critical survey solution projects yourself and maintain relationship with different clients.
- Be an advocate and inspirational leader for the team
- Provide real time coaching and guidance to your team members and build a strong relationship based on trust and transparency
- Help measure and evaluate team member performance based on Professional Development Plans and other internal requirements
- Interface and effectively collaborate with numerous internal teams (requestors, IT support groups, supplies management) in a global environment
- Constantly strive for service improvement, support process optimization, promote new ideas and drive activities necessary to eliminate issues
- Serve as an escalation point for complex situations
- Work closely with McKinsey client service teams to provide end to end survey solutions and/or analysis
- 6-8 years of working experience with relevant background (market research, statistics, analytics, etc.)
- Over 2 years of experience in coaching or leadership role, being responsible for the performance of the team as well as professional development of team members
- Great team collaboration skills even in a global virtual team setup
- Great problem-solving skills, i.e., the ability to apply a highly logical and well-
- Displays an optimistic attitude and demonstrates a “can do” approach to new / unknown requests and to difficult situations.
- In depth business experience to understand requirements, assess potential criticalities and oversee the impact of providing services and solutions
- Excellent project management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- You should have strong data understanding and an analytical inclination, exposure to Market Research industry is plus
- Command of English language, both written and verbal
Some of our benefits
- Friendly yet professional colleagues who want to move things forward
- Training and further development opportunities
- Height adjustable desks and the latest IT equipment
- Free on-site breakfasts, beverages and coffee throughout the day
- Subsidized lunch in the local restaurants
- Above standard medical care for you and your immediate family members
- Multisport card
- Green rooftop terrace with a panoramic view of the city, barbecue and lounge chairs
- Only a few steps from the C metro line with available parking spaces
- Bike lockers and shower facilities
- Charitable initiatives and fun activities
Informace o pozici
- McKinsey & Company, Inc. Prague - organizační složka
- Milevská 2095/5, Praha – Krč
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Above-standard medical care, Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: Media, advertising, and PR
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employer type: Employer
Milevská 2095/5, 14000 Praha 4 – Pankrác, Česká republika