Deltatre is a leading end-to-end provider of premium products and services for global sport and media operators. We push boundaries every day to offer the most reliable, scalable, engaging end-to-end offerings that continually meet and exceed fan expectations and maximise client value. Underpinned by data, we're able to determine the best experiences to drive business growth. Deltatre provides strategy, planning, consultancy across all stages of our client's lifecycle.
Video Experiences Unit is a leading OTT products and services provider delivering best-of-breed products and components as well as comprehensive end-to-end solutions.
We serve both end-to-end clients and those who wants to internalise part of their platform through products and components.
An opportunity has arisen for a brilliant software engineering leader with a proven track record of building cross platform applications, excited about working in the OTT Video-On-Demand industry. We are looking for an accountable Technical Director to be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines a major new project.
- Responsibility for projects across platforms and technologies including: Android & Android TV; iOS & tvOS; Typescript + ReactJs: progressive web app and HTML TV apps; Roku
- Client facing with a mature attitude to building good relationships
- Requirements gathering, refinement and estimation
- Defining the architecture of OTT solutions
- The specification and delivery of projects using sound software engineering principles with a strong focus on user experience.
- Effective planning to deliver robust, modular and testable code
- Adhere and contribute to Deltatre Engineering procedures, code conventions and best practice
- Documentation, including (but not limited to) software design and technical specification
- Keep abreast of new technology and opportunities in engineering that may be utilized by Deltatre
- Experience with a variety of software development process styles and project management methodologies
- Delivered large scale projects over a number of months in a leadership role accountable for technology delivery, preferably in OTT or a digital agency
- Experience driving development across multiple technology streams
- The ability to navigate complex challenges and solve interaction problems
- The ability to validate technical solutions through rapid prototyping
- A passion for learning the latest technologies and standards
- Knowledge of performance optimization techniques and tools
- Experience leading projects across different regions
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Experience in working with third party vendors and integrating with external software
- Expertise in providing guidance to improve a team’s code quality by example, training and code review, helping to upskill team members
- Agile advocate mindset
- Strong experience in CI/CD pipeline set-up
- An ability to create and maintain comprehensive solution documentation
- Strong background in one or more of these core technologies:Android (Java/Kotlin, RxJava, Dagger, Gradle); iOS (Swift, Alamofire, Kingfisher, IAP)
Some of our Company perks:
Global company with huge growth potential
Small, creative, close-knit Engineering/Tech team who love to collaborate
Support with your career development and access to training
Casual dress code
Regular company and team social events
Free refreshments in the office
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by telephone for a screening and those who meet the requirements will be invited to a face-to-face interview.
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments or if you have any special requirements for the interview process. Depending on the role this normally includes a written test and interview.
Please note that we will only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.
Informace o pozici
- Massive Interactive Media Czech Republic s.r.o.
- Karla Engliše 3201/6, Praha – Smíchov
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer