Deltatre is the international leader in sport and entertainment media technology services. It provides an unrivalled suite of leading-edge products and services for the full spectrum of media including OTT, web and apps, broadcast graphics, content production, and data capture with real-time distribution. It serves a blue-chip client roster of the most prominent and influential sports and media companies including; IOC, Premier League, NFL, UEFA, FIFA, MLB, ATP, WWE, European Tour, DAZN, BT Sport, Discovery/Eurosport, PCCW, Bell Media, Telecine, Sony and hundreds of other companies worldwide. In 2018, Deltatre acquired Massive Interactive, a multi-award-winning OTT software company. Combined they are the largest independent OTT solution provider in the world.
- Proven experience in the sports and entertainment sectors
- Powered 1,000,000+ days of video in 2018
- Reaches billions of consumers every single year across its vast product ecosystem
- Group 800+ employees all together globally across our 19 offices
As a Lead Roku Engineer, you will be evolving and improving our main product – AXIS – according to product roadmap and in collaboration with other product Roku engineers, the Product Owner, QA and back-end engineers.
You will be:
- playing an essential part in building the next-generation of VOD web applications
- seeing your work engage with millions of users worldwide
- building your skills in a supportive, collaborative and Agile environment, working closely with passionate UX, BA and back-end teams
We are looking for a passionate front-end Roku engineer who:
- likes to stay up-to-date with technology trends
- strives to deliver systematic fixes and high-quality features
- anticipates problems that others might have while using his/her code – and writes documentation or samples to help them
- appreciates peer review and understands the importance of QA and release deadlines
- is willing to work as an active team player
We are willing to accept applicants who have strong portfolios and relevant development experience in similar technologies who wish to expand their skill set providing at least some relevant exposure to Roku can be demonstrated. If you have limited live project experience with Roku but would like to apply for this role, you will be expected to have obtained significant knowledge of the platform before interview.
To be successful, you will definitely need:
- At least 3 years commercial development experience with Brightscript / Actionscript / Python based technologies
- Exposure and understanding of Brightscript technologies and SceneGraph
- Previous explerience on OTT plaforms
- A portfolio of work to demonstrate
- Git or other DVCS, Continuous Integration
- Strong communication skills, willingness to learn and self -reliance
To be successful, you will probably need strong experience in:
- Building and deploying Roku applications
- Understanding of performance optimisation and limitations on OTT platforms such as Roku
- Experience of working with agile development
This role is for an immediate start and you must have eligibility to work in the Czech Republic and daily attendance in Prague office is required.
Some of our Company Perks:
- Small, creative, close-knit Engineering team who love to collaborate
- Global company with huge growth potential
- A whopping 25 days' annual leave
- 5 sick days
- Multisport card
- Meal vouchers
- Czech/English courses
- Regular company and team social events
- 24/7 casual dress code
- Unlimited contract
- Free refreshments in the office
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments or if you have any special requirements for the interview process. Depending on the role this normally includes a written test and interview.
Please note that we will only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.
Recruiters – we have handled this one internally! Thanks.
Informace o pozici
- Massive Interactive Media Czech Republic s.r.o.
- Karla Engliše 3201/6, Praha – Smíchov
- Required education: College
- Required languages: English (Intermediate), Czech (Basic)
- Benefits: Notebook, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Refreshments on workplace, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Stephen Street 4th Floor, 21, W1T 1LN London, Velká Británie a Severní Irsko