Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let’s talk today.
SW Quality Assurance Engineer (m/f)
What you will do
As the SQA Engineer you will be responsible for testing prototype safety systems and components, as part of a Research & Development team. You will work closely with a multi-disciplined engineering team consisting of electronics engineers, firmware engineers, software engineers, programmers and scientists focusing on applied research and new technology innovations to technically able to work on software & system testing to deliver desired results.
Our Research & Development department specializes in the development of automatic fire detection products. Our high technology products include control panels and fire detectors which combine hardware and software to provide control functions and signal processing algorithms.
The key activities of the department are the design of products from research and feasibility study stage, right through to post production support, which includes theoretical work and practical evaluation both in the laboratory and in operating environments.
How you will do it
- Set up & configure test equipment
- Repair & maintain test equipment
- Write Test specifications for new functions and features and also maintaining the existing Test case repository
- Perform & record system tests
- Support migrating test cases onto the new test tool
- Coordinate various small projects
- Support others both in development and product quality process
- Provide technical support to other team members
- Being source of all technical details in Fire area
What we look for
- University degree in Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering or similar
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in products support and testing
- Fluent verbal and written English
- Strong system testing experience for embedded systems
- Experience in defining a design of test systems
- Experience in functional testing or software testing
- Experience of Defect Management tools like JIRA, Khepera, Bugzilla etc.
- Experience of Test Management tools like TestRail, ALM or Zephyr Scale etc.
- Highly motivated
- Excellent Interpersonal skills to be able to work well within the SQA team as well as the wider Software team
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques; quick to learn; tenacious in problem solving
- Experience in Fire industry testing
- Experience of using software tools such as Ranorex and continues integrations tools such as Jenkins, GitHub, GitLab etc.
- Experience of maintaining Automation scripts
- Good understanding of product development life cycle
- Challenging and interesting position in modern premises of a global technology company
- Stable work in clean and safe environment with production plant located right next to the office building
- Work on exciting top technology projects that combine electronics and mechanics
- Regular cooperation with other teams in and outside Europe (or globally)
- 13th and 14th salary
- Lunch allowance (canteen on the company premises), excellent coffee
- Pension / life insurance contribution
- Possibility of Home office
- Other benefits (contribution to health, sport, culture, bonus for candidate referral etc.)
Informace o pozici
- Johnson Controls Building Solutions, spol. s r.o.
- Osvobození 363, Ráječko
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Intermediate), Czech (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Company catering, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, 13th monthly salary, Launch of a completely new project
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, Tester, Quality Manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer