Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let’s talk today.
Automation Test Engineer (m/f)
What you will do
As the Automation Test Engineer you will be responsible for testing prototype safety systems and components, as part of a Research & Development team. You will work closely with a multi-disciplined engineering team consisting of electronics engineers, firmware engineers, software engineers, programmers and scientists focusing on applied research and new technology innovations to technically work on software & system testing to deliver desired results. You will conduct both Manual & Automation software Test design, testing, and delivery activities.
Our Research & Development department specializes in the development of automatic fire detection products. Our high technology products include control panels and fire detectors which combine hardware and software to provide control functions and signal processing algorithms.
The key activities of the department are the design of products from research and feasibility study stage, right through to post production support, which includes theoretical work and practical evaluation both in the laboratory and in operating environments.
How you will do it
- Ensure Test Environment(s)/Setup are planned for testing and building test setups for testing with Hardware environment
- Set up & configure test equipment
- Repair & maintain test equipment
- Maintain Automation scripts
- Perform feasibility study and define automation scope and find solutions to long standing automation hurdles
- Support others both in development and product quality process
- Support other team members on technical topics
- Being source of all technical details in Fire area
- Coordinate various small projects
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree degree in SW Engineering, Electronics Engineering or similar
- Fluent verbal and written English
- Previous experience in products support and testing with proven track record in test automation
- Solid grasp of Software creation process and Agile development methodologies
- Strong system testing experience for embedded systems
- Knowledge of running feasibility studies, designing and presenting Proof of Concepts and experience of Defining Test Automation Frameworks
- Proficient with automation testing and controlled automated environments using software tools such as Ranorex and familiar with continues integrations tools such as Jenkins, GitHub, GitLab etc.
- Understanding of BDD/TDD concepts, cloud services/architectures
- Flexible in the assignment of projects which may include in manual or automation projects
- Experience with Defect Management tools like JIRA, Khepera, Bugzilla etc.
- Experience of Test Management tools like TestRail, ALM or Zephyr Scale etc.
- Experience in Desktop windows applications testing
- Experience of working with multi locational teams
- Experience in Python Scripting
Interesting job in modern premises of a global technology company in small R&D department with a long tradition and family atmosphere
Stable work in clean and safe environment with production plant located right next to the office building
Work on exciting top technology projects that combine electronics and mechanics
Regular collaboration with other teams in and outside Europe (or globally)
Wide range of employee benefits (13th and 14th salary; Lunch allowance; Excellent coffee; Pension / Life insurance contribution; Possibility of Home office; Contribution to health, sport, culture, Bonus for candidate referral etc.
Informace o pozici
- Johnson Controls Building Solutions, spol. s r.o.
- Osvobození 363, Ráječko
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Intermediate), Czech (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Company catering, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, 13th monthly salary, Launch of a completely new project
- Listed in: Electrical and power engineering, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer