Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let’s talk today.
EMEA Payroll Country Lead - relocation opportunity
What you will do
Provides leadership, direction and prioritization of services within the Payroll Operations. Is responsible for strategically aligning initiatives and service offerings to support the business. Ensure the support to employees and provides exceptional payroll experience, meets service level agreements and is aligned with the organization's objectives to continuously improve processes. Coordinate and advise on all matters related to the payroll system administration in the country. Responsible for the accurate execution of payroll systems and procedures.
This position is based in our BBC center in Bratislava, Slovakia.
How you will do it
* Plans and manages functional team in accordance with the organization's strategic direction.
* Ensures Payroll for assigned country is processed accurately and on-time for each pay cycle
* Creates an environment enabling a metrics driven culture through;
* Using delivered and customizing own dashboards to prioritize team and team members’ work
* Monitoring reports to ensure process adherence by own team
* Setting related individual and team performance expectations and goals accordingly
* Leads team of maximum 5-6 Payroll Specialists
* Advise and drive payroll colleagues on the system, local regulations changes
* Manage and develop the payroll shared service team ensuring that there is flexibility of knowledge and that they are appraised on an ongoing basis
* Advises on professional development and quality performance
* Sets team and individual goals as part of the Performance Management process that align with HR Shared Services and JCI goals and objectives;
* Manages monthly review / metrics meetings on the performance resolust of the previous month's payroll
* Gives informal and formal coaching, mentoring or guidance to other team members, as needs arise.
* Ensures there is a positive internal and external working relationship within the team and the JCI employee base by providing feedback to payroll specialists and by measuring customer satisfaction.
* Delivers Payroll services, procedures and processes that are considered value added, measurable, directly tied to JCI business objectives and aimed at increasing employee success and satisfaction.
* Responsible for maintaining compliance requirements for Payroll transactional processes including coordination of SOX and internal audits
* Works to build Payroll team performance and group commitments to goals and objectives and measures results to improve transactional efficiencies.
* Understands and utilizes applicable Payroll and related other systems in order to stream line processes and achieve deliverables.
* Oversees the management and training of Payroll analysts in customer services skills, country specific Payroll policies, benefit plans and country requirements affecting Payroll administration.
* Maintains expert understanding of all Payroll regulations and processes and HR Shared Services systems/technologies, including knowledge-base, call tracking, and case management.
* Manages timely resolution of issues that arise from discrepancies and problems
* Proactively identifies areas of under-performance and defines and executes plans for improvement
* Set and manages team goals and monitors performance
* Responsible for leading a team of payroll professionals to deliver an exceptional employee experience across a broad range of Payroll activities, processes and programs.
* Builds, coaches, and leads direct reports into a highly responsive team that meets the required published performance standards.
* Partners closely with HR Shared Services colleagues regionally to escalate issues, sharing knowledge and managing end-to-end process effectiveness
* Reinforces the organization's core values and behavioral expectations through modeling, communication and coaching
* Models and actively champions the importance of knowing, supporting, and adhering to organizational policies and procedures, including confidentiality.
* Responsible of fostering a work environment of engaged team members that collaborate between each of the functional areas, identifying opportunities for process or customer experience improvement.
What we look for
* Minimum of 3 years HR or Payroll Shared Service Center experience
* Able to manage and develop Payroll Specialists
* Ability to organize and plan effectively
* Metrics management orientation – ability to translate how metrics indicate performance and are to be used to manage and focus the team, but are not to be the goal in themselves
* Ability to lead and motivate others
* Strong process and technical aptitude
* Expertise in Payroll processing and compliance
* Deep Payroll system and Business Processes expertise
* Proficient in English language (written and spoken) and proficiency in local language skills: Slovak or Czech - both written and spoken level required
* Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business or related field
* Experience in process documentation & instructional design
* Previous experience with both in-house and outsourced payroll is a plus
* Previous Project Management experience would be an advantage
In case of your interest, please apply via the following link:
Informace o pozici
- Johnson Controls Building Solutions, spol. s r.o.
- Pribinova 19, 81109 Bratislava, Slovakia
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced), Czech (Advanced), Slovak (Advanced)
- Benefits: Corporate events, Corporate preschool, Flexible start/end of working hours, Occasional work from home, Educational courses, training, Above-standard medical care, Sick days, 13th monthly salary, Bonuses, Cafeteria, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Cell phone, Notebook, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Company catering
- Listed in: Human resources, Top management, HR Manager, Payroll clerk, HR Specialist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer