ION Group is the world’s largest financial software company, providing technology for trade processing and execution, risk management and position calculation, connectivity to exchanges and markets, and solutions for middle- and back-office processes. The company offers trading solutions across multiple asset classes and works with leading trading and brokerage houses, multi-national corporations, governments, banks, and central banks.
Our Prague office development Scrum teams are working on Wallstreet Suite, an enterprise treasury and risk management solution designed for the world’s largest and most complex banks and corporations. Wallstreet Suite offers multi-entity support and real-time information across all asset classes, and it provides advanced analytics for decision-making and key performance measurement. Our clients are central banks, banks, corporations, and asset managers.
The ION Group is investing heavily in product innovation to support our clients in the digitization and automation of their business processes. We are developing software which positively transforms the lives of people and business.
Java developer – Global financial software
We have positions suitable for graduates, juniors, and senior developers.
As part of a Scrum development team, you will focus on the development of a treasury software solution. In collaboration with other teams, product owners, and business experts, you will be helping our clients to reinvent the way business is done.
Our software is known for automation and scale, which presents many challenges that you will help solve. These are both algorithmic challenges (ensuring close-to-real-time performance on very large databases), and software engineering challenges (ensuring correctness and maintainability of a solution that consists of many applications).
You will be working with and mastering the following technologies:
- Java 8
- Service-oriented architecture using our own enterprise service bus
- Git, Jenkins
- Google Guice
- An IDE of your choice (IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse)
The scale of our software requires high quality source code, as well as good and thorough testing on multiple levels: from unit tests to end-to-end integration tests.
- Good knowledge of Java
- Good knowledge of software engineering
- English language at a communication level
These skills will help your application. If you’re applying to be a senior developer, we’ll expect you to have some of these qualifications. If you’re a graduate, we can teach you.
- Knowledge of SQL, JDBC/JPA, and databases
- Knowledge of support technology such as Git, Maven, Gradle, and Jenkins
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash, Groovy, or Python
- Knowledge of HTML5, TypeScript, and CSS
- Programming multi-threaded applications
- High-performance programming
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Competitive salary depending on your experience
- A nice modern office in downtown Prague (Myšák Gallery, Vodičkova Street)
- 5 weeks of vacation each year
- Possibility to work together with programmers across the globe
- Work in a small team but with the support of an international corporation
- Flexible working hours
- Travel to our offices abroad
- Contribution to pension insurance
- FlexiPass, English lessons, meal vouchers, fruit
If you are interested, send your CV in English by clicking “Apply” or “Odpovědět” below.
By replying to this advert or sending your CV and other personal documents, you agree with the processing and storage of your personal data according to the Czech Law No. 101/2000 Coll., concerning the protection of personal data. This agreement is valid until further notice.
Informace o pozici
- Vodičkova 710/31, Praha – Nové Město
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Intermediate), Czech (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Occasional work from home, Individual schedules of working hours, Opportunity to work up hours, Corporate/persoal coach, Dedicated time for innovations
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.