What is Gemalto a Thales Company Prague? It's a family of 400+ talented active and bright engineers from 41 different countries. Together we are working on smart cards, credit cards, SIM cards and epassports that your bank, cell phone provider and government uses.
Gemalto a Thales Company is a great place to work. We have a friendly management, which follows matrix organization; we have flexible working hours, home office policy, office breakfasts, where everybody shares latest news, football team, yoga classes, language courses and much more to help you live and work in a fun encouraging environment!
Operations and Support Engineer – Level 2
You love customer facing roles and communication with internal & external stakeholders? You are strong verbal and written communicator, analytical, a problem-solver and team player? If the answer is positive you don't want to miss this one! :)
As an Operations and Support Engineer – Level 2 for the Gemalto a Thales company you will be part of our Global Services team, you will be involved in tier II technical support for incidents, problems and change management of hosted and managed solutions.
A week in the life of an Operations and Support Engineer L2:
- Provide technical support of Cloud, On-Premises, and Hybrid services
- Design and implement changes into the systems and provide technical guidance for new or evolution of services and for consolidated technical analyses
- Maintain and enhance internal tools to improve service industrialization for Cloud and On-Premises services
- Lead the optimization of service reliability, performance and security and provide Technical direction when CAB requires tier II input, expertise or changes with high risk impacts on customer SLAs
- You will be responsible for product and technical knowledge ramp-up of the Tier II Support team and participate in the definition of production requirements
- Extending and acknowledging completion of handover milestones to Tiers I and II to comply with contractual SLAs.
- You will manage performance. Track and report critical supply and demand metrics. Use data to optimize processes, creatively solve problems, and track results
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Linux or Unix applications;
- Unix or Shell scripting;
- SQL or Oracle database queries
- Writing and execution and knowledge of WebLogic administration
- Ticketing tools, monitoring tools such as OP5, ELK, Grafana or prometheus
- Experience in managing production systems in Cloud or/and Hybrid-Cloud
- Knowledge of debugging methods and tools.
- Cloud technologies: ie. Ansible, Dockers, Kubernetes.
- You must be fluent in English (French is a plus)
- Degree in Information Technology or a related field
- We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience in IT support and at least 5 years in operations.
What we can offer:
- Friendly international environment, professional grow within Gemalto Thales worldwide within friendly team always ready to support and provide assistance.
- Opportunity to travel in Europe and worldwide, work on international project with good financial evaluation (negotiable, depending on experience)
- Attractive benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, lunch vouchers, quarterly Prague city transport ticket, life and injury insurance, pension plan allowance, Multisport card, language courses at work, Healthcare service through membership in Private clinics, Christmas gift (2.000 CZK), 50% discount in local sport center, every week company breakfast etc.)
Send us your CV and we will be happy to have a chat with you about opportunities whiting Gemalto a Thales company!
Informace o pozici
- Gemalto a Thales Company
- Želetavská 1448/7, Praha – Michle
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced), French (Advanced)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer, Operating system and network administrator, Help Desk Technician, Database specialist, Operator, IS Support
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer