What is Gemalto a Thales Company Prague? It's a family of 400+ talented active and bright engineers from 41 different countries. Together we are working on smart cards, credit cards, SIM cards and epassports that your bank, cell phone provider and government uses.
Gemalto a Thales Company is a great place to work. We have a friendly management, which follows matrix organization; we have flexible working hours, home office policy, office breakfasts, where everybody shares latest news, football team, yoga classes, language courses and much more to help you live and work in a fun encouraging environment!
Java Developer- Biometric projects
As a Java Developer, you will work closely with colleagues and customers to gather requirements, design, develop and implement integrated software and systems solutions in the fields of image processing, biometrics, automated fingerprint identification.
A week in the life of a Java Developer:
- You will develop, enhance and configure biometric enrollment and identification product
- You will maintain and support existing biometric enrollment and identification product and troubleshoot current production system issues
- You will convert historical biometric and demographic records and ensure they are properly loaded into the new system as required by the project;
- You will develop server applications for multiple platforms such as Windows, Linux, AIX, etc.
- You will understand and adhere to design and coding procedures and standards
Knowledge and experience:
To succeed at this job, you must have experience developing software using Java/EE, experience with Computer Architecture, experience working with various operating systems including but not limited to Microsoft Windows, Linux or other UNIX variants.
It would be preferred if you have experience working with relational databases, client-server system integration experience, familiar with network programming using TCP/IP, UDP, SOA knowledge and web service development experience.
You must be fluent in English.
We would like someone to join our team who is result driven and innovative, with excellent client facing, communication and interpersonal skills.
You need to have Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other computer related fields.
We are looking for someone mobile for frequent travelling with any number of years of experience in the computer industry.
What we can offer:
- Friendly international environment, professional grow within Gemalto Thales worldwide within friendly team always ready to support and provide assistance.
- Opportunity to travel in Europe and worldwide, work on international project with good financial evaluation (negotiable, depending on experience)
- Attractive benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, lunch vouchers, quarterly Prague city transport ticket, life and injury insurance, pension plan allowance, Multisport card, language courses at work, Healthcare service through membership in Private clinics, Christmas gift (2.000 CZK), 50% discount in local sport center, every week company breakfast etc.)
Send us your CV and we will be happy to have a chat with you about opportunities whiting Gemalto a Thales company!
Informace o pozici
- Gemalto a Thales Company
- Želetavská 1448/7, Praha – Michle
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Benefits: Cell phone, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, SW architect, IT Consultant, Programmer, Application SW administrator, Database specialist, Development Manager / Team Leader
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer