What is Gemalto a Thales Company Prague? It's a family of 400+ talented active and bright engineers from 41 different countries. Together we are working on smart cards, credit cards, SIM cards and epassports that your bank, cell phone provider and government uses.
Gemalto a Thales Company is a great place to work. We have a friendly management, which follows matrix organization; we have flexible working hours, home office policy, office breakfasts, where everybody shares latest news, football team, yoga classes, language courses and much more to help you live and work in a fun encouraging environment!
Biometric Validation Engineer
As a Validation/Integration Engineer, working individually or as part of a larger team, you will be responsible for validation and integration phases of turnkey software systems based on Gemalto’s software solutions in the fields of image processing, biometrics, automated fingerprint identification, and document issuance, including:
- verifying system specifications to meet project requirements
- system configuration
- performance tuning
- system acceptance
A week in the life of a Validation/ Integration Engineer:
- You will communicate with the project manager and client in order to understand specific system requirements for the assigned biometric projects;
- You will analyze the subject, define a test strategy and prepare the test plan.
- You will execute the Test Plan and present the Test Results.
- You will document your activity in the form of a Validation Strategy and Test Plan.
- You will be also responsible for the selection of tools and/or development of them if non-existing.
- You will be responsible for the development of automated tests.
- As an integral part of the development team, you will cooperate very closely with developers in order to reproduce, identify and isolate the issues.
- You will provide system integration support for the development and troubleshooting of the system;
- You will deploy the system at the client site and perform system acceptance testing with the client;
- You will document the design specifications, installation instructions, and other systems related information relevant to the project;
- You will provide system knowledge transfer and training to technical support engineers and client’s system administrators;
- You will monitor the system operations to detect potential problems.
- You will resolve system issues reported by client or escalated by technical support engineers, ensure all reported technical issues are resolved and escalate any product defects to software and hardware developers as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have experience in Linux and Windows system administration, TCP/IP networking fundamentals, XML, Web services (REST, SOAP), SQL and UNIX and Windows scripting.
- It would be preferred if you have Programming or advanced scripting experience - Java, C, C#, Perl, Python, PowerShell; Network infrastructure administration and AIX, HP/UX, other Unix-style OS experience.
- You must be fluent in English
- We are looking for someone mobile for extensive travel abroad mostly within the
Informace o pozici
- Gemalto a Thales Company
- Želetavská 1448/7, Praha – Michle
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer, Tester
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer