We are an American company providing every kind of administrative and financial service for our European branches.
We have been in Brno since 2011 and we quickly grew from the original staff of 30 employees to 230+. The corporate world and its anonymity are not for us, as we want to know the names and faces of the people around us, and that has worked well for us.
We work in an international environment and we are a diverse group of people, languages and experiences.
Business Process Improvement and Control Manager
The position of Business Process Improvement and Control Manager provides oversight and management of efforts to implement and sustain the Company’s Enhanced Internal Control Framework for Finance Shared Service Centers (SSCs) as well as reviews, updates, standardizes SSC processes to strengthen the internal control environment. Business Process Improvement and Control Manager is a key component of the Company’s efforts to enhance its internal control environment.
Business Process Improvement and Control Manager will report to VP, Global Financial Shared Services.
WHAT WILL BE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review SSC processes to standardize and improve. Discuss any process changes with Internal Audit Team to implement or update related SOX controls. Implement the process changes with SSC Team.
- Review existing SOX controls in SSCs environment with the purpose of standardize and simplify the controls’ implementation. Agree any proposed changes with Internal Audit Team. Implement the changes with SSC Team.
- Management/Monitoring of the both internal and external shared service center resources used to implement the Internal Control Framework.
- Manage and lead the efforts to develop and implement finance training programs for SSCs.
- Coordinate with Internal Audit Team on internal control programs to ensure consistency, including identification and implementation of best internal control practices.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships and communications with business partners, internal audit personnel, and external auditors.
- Assist Business Process Owners with actions to correct deficiencies identified in internal and external audits.
- Take an active role coordinating efforts to resolve any issues related to the reconciliation of balances and to ensure procedures are imbedded.
- Assist the function on introduction of and training on new financial policies and procedures. Act as a clearing house for the SSC organization.
- Provide oversight of the SOX 404 certification process and the SOX 302 annual certification/attestation process.
- Ensure shared service locations are properly reporting KPI/SLA critical service levels in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist the Business with adherence to compliance and Code of Ethics responsibilities.
- Support confidential investigations as requested
- Perform other duties as required
WHAT IS IMPORTANT FOR US:
- Possesses uncompromising high ethical standards
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, information systems, computer technology or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred
- Seven to ten years finance/accounting experience and/or internal/external audit experience.
- Strong general accounting knowledge. Knowledge of US GAAP is a strong advantage.
- Experienced in or significant exposure to internal audit, risk assessment and audit methodology
- Strong knowledge of internal control processes and framework (knowledge of COSO framework is a plus)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- A self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exposure to operational and process improvement initiatives
- Experience in developing/implementing financial policies and procedures.
- Effective working in a team environment
- Strong ability to train others
- Robust knowledge of SAP and/or Oracle ERPs
- Advanced knowledge of MS-Excel and MS-Word required
- Proficient English writing and communication skills required
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Motivating salary and annual bonuses
- Meal vouchers
- Flexipass vouchers 500 CZK or Multisport Card for free
- 5 weeks of holiday, sick days
- Celebrate your birthday (day off)
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of Home Office
- Contribution to language/professional courses 5000 CZK
- Contribution to pension and life insurance
- Mobile service employee program
- Pleasant and modern working environment close to the city center
- Refreshment at the workplace for free
Informace o pozici
- Gardner Denver CZ + SK, s.r.o.
- Veveří 3163/111, Brno – Žabovřesky
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Education allowance, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, Foreign business trips, Individual budget for personal growth
- Listed in: Administration, Economics and Business Finance, Administration, Auditor, Financial analyst, Financial director / manager, Project Manager, Bookkeeper, accountant
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.