The beginnings of ESET date back to 1987, when two young programming enthusiasts, Peter Paško and Miroslav Trnka, wrote a program for the detection of one of the world’s first computer viruses. They did not know that they had created one of the most successful antivirus programs in the world – dubbing it NOD. In 1992, together with their mutual friend Rudolf Hrubý, they formally established ESET.
What started as the brainchild of a few friends has evolved into the most valuable international brand of any Slovak company. Today ESET’s NOD32 technology protects over 100 million users across the world.
This success did not come overnight. The company’s global success and growth was given a boost in 1998 with its first “VB100” award from the prestigious Virus Bulletin magazine. Since then, we’ve received this accolade more than 100 times.
Today, over 1,700 employees around the world drive the company’s success. Throughout the company’s expansion, we have stayed true to the principles on which we were founded, and we remain independent in order to continue to meet new challenges.
Primary working location of this position is Bratislava, but if you are able to work from Prague or Brno we can discuss all possibilities.
Would you like to define the User Experience for a global software company with more than 100 million users? The User Experience Team at ESET is looking for a talented designer with passion for innovation and the motivation to take the design and usability of our products, services, and related touch points to a new level.
As a member of global User Experience Team at ESET headquarters, you will utilize your previous experience to shape the future of ESET security products and services for business customers around the world, including some of the most famous global corporations (airlines, banks, car manufacturers and others).
ESET is a leading creator of security solutions and protects customers in 200+ countries and to continue to provide a world-class experience for our users and we are expanding our UX efforts and team.
As a member of the User Experience Team, you will work closely with other designers as well as stakeholders from technology, business, and other departments to define the best possible experience for our users. You will have responsibility for the experience of one or more products, services, and other relevant touch points. You will participate in all parts of the design process including research, design, and validation.
From Parental Control applications for families to Endpoint Detection & Response platforms for IT-forensics-experts, we provide a broad portfolio of interesting solutions to vastly different groups of customers. Our products are highly interconnected, run on all modern platforms such as Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and the web and in many cases on more than one of those. ESET also provides many services to customers and partners which in turn are connected to our products. This makes ESET an unusually interesting challenge for new and experienced designers.
Based on your skills, interests, and projects, you will:
• Design user flows, user interfaces, other touch points and everything around them
• Collaboratively iterate your designs with many different stakeholders
• Validate designs through usability testing and analytics
• Be part of all other UX activities in our team
For this role we are looking for
• At least 2 years of experience with UX-related work
• Experience working on complex digital products
• Relevant education (UX, Interaction Design, Visual Communications, Architecture, Product Design or similar)
• A proactive attitude and problem solving skills
• Ability to understand technical topics
• Great communication, cooperation, and presentation skills
• Fluent English (verbal and written)
Bonus points for
• Experience with B2B products
• Experience with Service Design
• Experience with usability testing and analytics
If you are interested in position, please send us work samples that you find relevant and are good representations of your skills.
When selecting the samples, consider these points:
• We’d like to see how you think and what your design process looks like.
• We especially like sketches, storyboards, scenarios, navigation flows, conceptual models.
• Explain how things work, how they are connected and why they are designed this way.
• For commercial or group projects, tell us what exactly your role and contribution was.
• Please do not send only shiny pixels without reasoning or process behind ;)
• Support in personal and professional development - opportunities to attend various trainings, courses, conferences or meetups
• Attractive financial bonus paid twice a year based on your performance
• Financial support in case of life milestones (wedding, childbirth)
• Complementary retirement savings contributions
• Fully covered 120 CZK/per day meal vouchers
• Transportation benefit
• Refer a friend" benefit - the opportunity to receive a financial bonus when referring a friend for an open vacancy
• Available home-office days - 12 days per month or remote work
• Fully-paid 3 sickdays
• Mind’n’Soul Program - free helpline and counselling in personal and professional development
• Sport activities support
• Fresh fruit, tea, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages - you can find them all in every kitchen
• Casual, friendly, open culture with no dress code
• Participating in company events
• Opportunity to use company common areas (terrace, relax zone, library) for a chill time and meetings with colleagues
• Volunteering and opportunity to participate in various CSR activities
• Loyalty program - extra vacation days and financial bonus after working at ESET for 5 and more years
Informace o pozici
- ESET Research Czech Republic s.r.o.
- Jankovcova 1037/49, Praha – Holešovice
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Meal tickets / catering allowance, Refreshments on workplace, Corporate events, Work mostly from home, Opportunity to work up hours
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Security and safety, Technology and development, Programmer, UX designer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for refugees from Ukraine