The beginnings of ESET date back to 1987, when two young programming enthusiasts, Peter Paško and Miroslav Trnka, wrote a program for the detection of one of the world’s first computer viruses. They did not know that they had created one of the most successful antivirus programs in the world – dubbing it NOD. In 1992, together with their mutual friend Rudolf Hrubý, they formally established ESET.
What started as the brainchild of a few friends has evolved into the most valuable international brand of any Slovak company. Today ESET’s NOD32 technology protects over 100 million users across the world.
This success did not come overnight. The company’s global success and growth was given a boost in 1998 with its first “VB100” award from the prestigious Virus Bulletin magazine. Since then, we’ve received this accolade more than 100 times.
Today, over 1,700 employees around the world drive the company’s success. Throughout the company’s expansion, we have stayed true to the principles on which we were founded, and we remain independent in order to continue to meet new challenges.
C ++ Software Engineer (cloud based application)
Software Engineer (C++)
- You will be responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, and automatic testing of the application.
- You will have the opportunity to use and learn a broad set of technologies starting with a desktop application, through frontend and SQL, and ending with cloud technologies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- At least 2 years of experience using C++
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Good command of English
- Familiarity with SQL and Python
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) and Azure
- Support in personal and professional development - opportunities to attend various trainings, courses, conferences or meetups
- Attractive financial bonus paid twice a year based on your performance
- Financial support in case of life milestones (wedding, childbirth)
- Complementary retirement savings contributions
- Fully covered 120 CZK/per day meal vouchers
- transportation benefit
- Refer a friend" benefit - the opportunity to receive a financial bonus when referring a friend for an open vacancy
- Available home-office days - 12 days per month
- Fully-paid 3 sickdays
- Mind’n’Soul Program - free helpline and counselling in personal and professional development
- Sport activities support
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages - you can find them all in every kitchen
- Casual, friendly, open culture with no dress code
- Participating in company events
- Opportunity to use company common areas (terrace, relax zone, library) for a chill time and meetings with colleagues
- Volunteering and opportunity to participate in various CSR activities
- Loyalty program - extra vacation days and financial bonus after working at ESET for 5 and more years
Informace o pozici
- ESET Research Czech Republic s.r.o.
- Palachovo náměstí 799/5, Brno – Starý Lískovec
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer