Headquartered in the United Kingdom, Dixons Carphone is a strong retail and services player in the field of electronics. Our customers can shop online as well as visit a local store. Our store chain is firmly based in England and Ireland, as well as in the Nordic countries, such as Norway or Denmark. Since 2007, our Centre of Excellence in Brno supports business in various areas such as IT, finance, logistics, robotics, customer care and content & copywriting.
Opportunity in finance for juniors
We are in daily touch with our suppliers and colleagues across Scandinavia countries mainly email. Among other activities are processing of invoices, dealing with queries, reconciliations of accounts and reporting many other ad hoc tasks.
What will you do?
- Process invoices for approval and payment (marketing, utility bills, spares, transport, travel etc.)
- Identify and correct errors & duplicate payments
- Re-invoicing (intercompany)
- Taking a part in Month end closure
- Query resolutions with relevant parties
- Communication with the business in English
What can you learn in our team?
Owing to daily communication in English, you will improve your English skills and strengthen your communication skills and assertiveness. You will get a deeper knowledge of various types of expenses and will gain a good accounts payable background. Last but not least, you will get a chance to work in a multinational company and multilingual team. As we also would like our employees to grow personally, we offer a wide range of technical and soft skill trainings such as:
- Project Management
- ACCA Diploma
- Presentation skills
- Excel trainings
…and many more, all delivered by fantastic internal and external trainers. Or you can even become one of them.
Now you’re probably wondering what skills and knowledge we expect from you? Well…
- You are an Intermediate English speaker – both written and spoken
- You are not afraid to communicate and speak out when needed
- You are an assertive person
- You don’t have to be an expert in finance field, however, you should have an eye for detail and good analytical skills
- As you will use Excel on daily basis, we need you to have at least basic knowledge of its functionalities
- You need to be able to organize your daily work and meet the deadlines
- You are a team player so other team members can rely on you when necessary
What we offer to make you happier?
- You can fully enjoy 25 vacation days
- 110 CZK/day lunch vouchers via e-lunch card
- Home office, yet office is still partially open, sick days
- Extensive training offer; hard and soft skills trainings, language courses, internal conference and interesting guest speakers, currently in a virtual form. We provide ACCA studies to colleagues from financial departments.
- You can mix benefits of your choice in our Cafeteria benefit system (holidays, recreation, well-being, work life balance, personal and professional development, literature, e-meal vouchers, etc.)
- Contribution to pension or life insurance scheme
- Discount for mobile contracts
- Company library – you can borrow from wide variety of books on professional development, leadership, business, marketing, public speaking, etc.
- Plenty of social events and charity activities (Christmas party, boat party, Halloween party, football tournament, summer BBQ etc.) are temporarily stopped, however we are already looking forward to invite all the new colleagues once we can organize them again
Dixons Carphone CoE
Information about position
- Dixons Carphone CoE, s.r.o.
- Trnitá 491/5, Brno – Trnitá
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, 13th monthly salary, Opportunity to work up hours
- Listed in: Economics and Business Finance, Invoice clerk, Bookkeeper, accountant
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.