Headquartered in the United Kingdom, Dixons Carphone is a strong retail and services player in the field of electronics. Our customers can shop online as well as visit a local store. Our store chain is firmly based in England and Ireland, as well as in the Nordic countries, such as Norway or Denmark. Since 2007, our Centre of Excellence in Brno supports business in various areas such as IT, finance, logistics, robotics, customer care and content & copywriting.
Controls & Compliance Analyst
Why should you choose our team?
We are currently looking for a new colleague who will be working on implementing good practice principles and policies to improve control effectiveness. You´ll be working independently on mapping and documenting existing processes and controls and suggest improvements to enhance effectiveness and compliance.
What will you do?
Assist our management with documenting existing processes and controls;
Identify improvements in end-to-end process and controls;
Focus on evaluation of controls design and operating effectiveness;
Supervise the CoE submission of minimum controls responses;
Educate our staff on the importance of controls and compliance;
Assist our management with developing and maintaining a strong control environment and assurance.
What can you learn here?
This is a senior and independent role, so you´ll utilize and further improve your communication and negotiation skills as well as your English that we use on a daily basis. Since you´ll cooperate with multiple teams, you will get a solid overview of various financial processes in a shared service environment.
As we also would like our employees to grow personally, we offer a wide range of technical and soft skill trainings such as:
- You will learn more about retail business specifics and increase your business understanding
- You will be given space to prove your process improvements skills and look for efficiencies
- Besides this, you can participate on workshops and trainings ranging from Excel and Process mapping to ACCA exams
Now you’re probably wondering what we expect from you? Well…
- Experience in a similar role within a consultancy company or with internal Business Transformation
- Basic finance knowledge (ACCA/CIMA student or part-qualified) with at least a bachelor’s degree in economics
- Experience of mapping complex financial processes (RTR, PTP, OTC etc).
- Experience in testing the design and operating effectiveness of financial controls (manual, ITGC and automated controls)
- Networking skills - across multiple functions, business units, external stakeholders
- Ability to organize and lead process workshops
- Strong communication skills in English with the ability to influence others
- Ability to work with ambiguity and uncertainty
What we offer to make you happier:
- You can fully enjoy 25 vacation days
- 110 CZK/day lunch vouchers via e-lunch card
- Bonus and loyalty scheme
- Home office, yet office is still partially open, sick days
- Extensive training offer; hard and soft skills trainings, language courses, internal conference and interesting guest speakers, currently in a virtual form. We provide ACCA studies to colleagues from financial departments.
- You can mix benefits of your choice in our Cafeteria benefit system (holidays, recreation, well-being, work life balance, personal and professional development, literature, e-meal vouchers, etc.)
- Contribution to pension or life insurance scheme
- Discount for mobile contracts
- Company library – you can borrow from wide variety of books on professional development, leadership, business, marketing, public speaking, etc.
- Plenty of social events and charity activities (Christmas party, boat party, Halloween party, football tournament, summer BBQetc.) are temporarily stopped, however we are already looking forward to invite all the new colleagues once we can organize them again
Ideal starting date in the beginning of July.
Dixons Carphone CoE
Informace o pozici
- Dixons Carphone CoE, s.r.o.
- Trnitá 491/5, Brno – Trnitá
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Opportunity to work up hours
- Listed in: Banking industry and financial services, Economics and Business Finance, Financial analyst, Compliance officer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer