Dixons Carphone plc is Europe's leading specialist electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company.
We employ over 40,000 people in 9 countries, with almost 3,000 stores across our various brands. The Group’s retail brands include PC World, Currys and Carphone Warehouse in the UK and Ireland, Elkjop and Elgiganten in the Nordic countries, and Kotsovolos in Greece. We are one of the market leaders in the UK & Ireland, Nordics and Greece.
Who we are?
Dixons Carphone is Europe's leading specialist electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company.
Our Centre of Excellence in Brno is the specialist internal provider of financial, transactional, HR, logistics and IT services to the Dixons Carphone Group's UK & Ireland and Nordic retail businesses.
Why should you choose our team?
Architecture team in Brno consists of 5 Architects and they are closely cooperating with the development and business teams across Brno, London and Aveiro offices. We are looking for a technical-oriented colleague who is able to own a part of our e-Commerce platform and will design the solution for dedicated product teams.
Solution Architect is a key role responsible for translating the business needs into the technical specification and for technical coaching of the engineers in the team. They define the architecture vision for the applications and helping the teams with improving their technology stack.
How do we imagine you?
- Ensures the solution is fit for purpose in terms of its functional utility to end users, is capable of meeting demand including peaks and spikes, is supportable within the principles of service provisioning and is fit for deployment into live environment
- Aligns delivery across teams so that components/solutions are aligned and not duplicated
- Represents the team at Enterprise Architecture forums to ensure alignment in group architecture level
- Defines overall component + cloud architecture
- Technical coaching of developers
- Communicates architectural visions with other architects, developers and other stakeholders
- Collaborates with Product Managers and RTEs on Program level to prepare Program Increment
- Supports Portfolio Board process
What can you achieve in our team?
- You can participate on changing of an e-commerce platform which is one of the biggest in Europe
- There are many technical challenges which make the work diverse and require complex attitude in decision making
- You will join an established company which has stable background and is willing to invest into new technologies
- Internally in the company, we offer self-development trainings and support our employees in attending conferences, so you can broaden your technical awareness
Now you’re probably wondering what we expect from you? Well…
- Excellent knowledge of large web-facing production systems architecture
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility with a desire to maintain and improve the current platform is must
- Demonstrative proficiency in multiple areas of programming (web development, performance tuning, etc.)
- Passion for proactive exploration of new technologies and open source
- Knowledge of development principles based on any OOP (PHP preferably), Linux, SQL and NoSQL technologies such as Oracle and Couchbase; Varnish, RabbitMQ etc.
- Experience with designing or tuning of large-scale systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to understand/define pros and cons of different architecture approaches
- Good knowledge of Agile principles
- Experience in same or similar seniority position
- Good knowledge of IT security
What we offer to make you happier:
- Modern office right in the city centre with an amazing terrace
- You can mix benefits of your choice in our Cafeteria benefit system
- Discounted mobile contract
- Bonus scheme, loyalty bonuses
- MultiSport card
- Home office
- Soft skills training, language courses, technical conferences
- Chill out space (Playstation 3,4; Wii …), relax room, table football
- Plenty of social events and charity activities (boat party, regular volleyball session, runners club, summer BBQ, Halloween concert and much more)
Informace o pozici
- Dixons Carphone CoE, s.r.o.
- Trnitá 491/5, Brno – Trnitá
- Požadované vzdělání: Středoškolské nebo odborné vyučení s maturitou
- Požadované jazyky: Angličtina (Středně pokročilá)
- Zařazeno: IS/IT: Konzultace, analýzy a projektové řízení, IS/IT: Vývoj aplikací a systémů
- Typ pracovního poměru
- Typ pracovního poměru: Práce na plný úvazek
- Délka pracovního poměru
- Délka pracovního poměru: Na dobu neurčitou
- Typ smluvního vztahu
- Typ smluvního vztahu: pracovní smlouva
- Zadavatel: Zaměstnavatel