Dixons Carphone plc is Europe's leading specialist electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company.
We employ over 40,000 people in 9 countries, with almost 3,000 stores across our various brands. The Group’s retail brands include PC World, Currys and Carphone Warehouse in the UK and Ireland, Elkjop and Elgiganten in the Nordic countries, and Kotsovolos in Greece. We are one of the market leaders in the UK & Ireland, Nordics and Greece.
Content Publisher with English
Why should you choose our team?
We are a team of 17 people and we just love writing about electronics! We create and publish product texts for major Nordic retailers like Elkjøp, Elgiganten or Gigantti that are part of the Dixons Carphone family. Thanks to friendly atmosphere and fresh team spirit it is really easy to fit in. Our working hours are quite flexible, as we’re required to be available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every day, and we are free to arrange the rest of the work shift to our needs and wishes. Occasionally, we have to stay a bit later to finalize a major product launch, but this is rather exceptional. Therefore, you can easily organize your day and combine work with your personal life.
Our daily job involves several diverse tasks and can be quite exciting. We communicate in English, but our partners are from various Nordic countries, so you can pick up a bit of passive knowledge of Nordic languages. The majority of our communication is by email and through our internal communication and task-managing systems. The core of our job is creating product descriptions, technical data and product photos for all kinds of electronic goods.
What will you do?
- You will create and update product descriptions for a specific product category (e.g. phones, games, movies) in English language, and deliver them to the team of local translators in Norway via our internal system.
- You will prepare and adjust product pictures according to our internal guidelines.
- You will add and update product specifications based on data received from our suppliers.
- You will be responsible for timely handling of incoming products in our internal system.
- You will communicate with the Nordic team of translators, local eCommerce teams and local backoffice teams to ensure that specific products are prioritized for publishing.
- You will publish banners on relevant Elkjop websites according to current promotions.
- You will participate in launches of brand-new products to ensure the client is able to deliver them to the customers smoothly as a market leader.
What can you learn in our team?
Thanks to working with diverse product types, you will improve your English skills, vocabulary and marketing-oriented language. Our job also requires being in close touch with the development, advances and innovations in the technical field. You will learn some basics from online marketing as well as tips and tricks in Adobe Photoshop, but don’t worry—no graphics skills are necessary. You will also learn more about the retail process and what it takes for a product to be delivered from the supplier and purchased by the customer online.
As we also would like our employees to grow personally, we offer various technical and soft skill trainings such as:
- Presentation skills
- Excel trainings
- SEO, SEM, Content marketing
And many more, all delivered by fantastic internal and external trainers.
Or you can even become one of them.
Now you’re probably wondering what we expect from you? Well…
- You are an advanced English speaker—with particular emphasis on excellent written English
- Knowledge or interest in electronics is a huge plus
- You are task-oriented and able to prioritize according to current needs
- Prior knowledge of marketing or copywriting is not required but a significant advantage
- You need to be able to organize your daily work and meet the deadlines
- You are a team player so we can rely on you
What we offer to make you happier:
- Modern office right in the city centre with an amazing terrace
- Team buildings where we get a chance to get to know each other more
- Soft skills training and language courses so you can activate both sides of your brain
- Opportunity to turn your career—we offer each new position or internship to you first
- You can mix benefits of your choice in our Cafeteria benefit system
- Bonus scheme
- You can turn off your brain and recharge in our chill out space or relax room
- Some days are full of fruits
- Plenty of social events and charity activities (boat party, sport tournaments, summer BBQ, Halloween concert and much more)
Turn your career with Dixons starting from: May/June 2019
If you would like to meet us in person, send us more information about yourself, come to our office and spend some time with your future colleagues.
Informace o pozici
- Dixons Carphone CoE, s.r.o.
- Trnitá 491/5, Brno – Trnitá
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Corporate events
- Listed in: Culture, art, and creative work, Marketing, Media, advertising, and PR
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Suitable for graduates.
Trnitá 491/5, 60200 Brno – Trnitá, Česká republika