In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
Technology is reshaping the way we live! Learn and thrive. In this "always-on" world, we believe it is meaningful to have a genuine connection with the work you do. The epicenter of this transformation is powered by the world's most advanced networks - the connectivity we build. Our experienced employees are rethinking the purpose, role, and use of our networks across the globe; to increase bandwidth, expand capacity, improve efficiency, speed deployment, and simplify migration.
We are looking for a global Manufacturing Engineer based in Brno - Czech Republic; with the bonus of working close to manufacturing facilities, and having daily interactions with the global wider team!
How You'll Help us Connect The World
It is rare to get to start over with designing products, and even rarer to be a part of it from the beginning.
This exciting new role provides access to a wider international team that has a direct effect on the design of all future Network Cable and Connectivity (NCC) for CommScope and works on one of the highest visibility projects in the company that are part of our critical initiatives including executive support.
You will play a key part in leading and recommending new product introduction and process engineering projects to support global mass production for the NCC Network Connectivity business sealing technologies such as Gels, Gaskets, and alternate materials/processing, ensuring that all projects are successfully managed to meet planned timelines, budgets, and project scope requirements.
The opportunity gives access to the distributed team with exposure to different products, diverse manufacturing techniques, other ways to run plants, and what future technologies could help us in manufacturing. Your ability to work and grow technical skills in a team environment and be a part of the Modular Architecture transformation within the NCC/CCS portfolio will be key in the role.
- Apply lean concepts, knowledge of existing manufacturing capability, design for manufacturing, and design for Six Sigma experience to guide the team to a robust design.
- Develop process steps, cycle times, costs, line balancing, and operators needed per module assembly or groups of module
- Develop templates for CommScope to use on future modules/products.
- Work with the International team to develop concepts for the assembly line for the future. Looking also to be modular and highly flexible to allow for changing demand and our space constraints.
- Collaborate with new process introduction team on processing actual impact and ability to scale.
- Facilitate the handoff of the product designs to the local teams for production ramp-up.
- Travel as required.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- BA/BS degree with 8-12 yrs of experience together with an advanced level of English and Czech.
- Proven product knowledge and technical/innovation skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills that can optimally communicate across the organization, effective problem solver making an impact on the bottom line.
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what's next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us. You can also learn more about CommScope’s accommodation process and EEO policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo
Informace o pozici
- CommScope Czech Republic s.r.o.
- Tuřanka 856/98b, Brno – Tuřany
- Required education: University
- Required languages: Czech (Advanced), English (Intermediate)
- Salary: 1 000 000 – 1 200 000 CZK / year
- Benefits: Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure
- Listed in: Mechanical engineering, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and industry, Mechanical engineering technologist, Production Manager, Industrial Designer, System Engineer, Injection moulding machine setter
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer