In Commerzbank Digital Technology Centre Prague, we are transforming a traditional bank into a digital agile enterprise! We provide a wide range of various IT solutions, .Net and Java development, services in the area of application operation and infrastructure.
We are looking for thinkers with unconventional ideas and in return, we offer the freedom to create own job with own vision, wide range of benefits including home office. Sounds interesting?
Shape the future of banking with us!
Note: Dear candidates, we are currently doing interviews via e-tools (audio/video conferencing)
Software Engineer for Databases and Datawarehouses
The Cluster Counterparty Risk provides efficient risk management for Counterparty Risk from Derivatives and Financing business supported by state-of-the-art processes and IT Systems meeting business and regulatory requirements. We work in self-organizing and flexible teams responsible for dedicated IT products or risk management services. We utilize modern agile working methods to maximize our output for the costumer business.
As a Software Engineer for Databases and Datawarehouses you are developing the application and data landscape of counterparty risk. This includes for example the limit monitoring system for traded products as well as the systems for regulatory and economic calculations at Commerzbank or the legal data systems. You will support the team to move the products into the cloud.
The developments vary from data batch processing to online streaming, from implementation of systems interfaces - APIs to the Datawarehouse’s for reporting purposes from the definition of data quality measures to monitoring of these measures. All system are 100% in-house developments mainly in Java & SQL DBs on LINUX and some running in Cloud.
You work in an agile development environment (BizDevOps) – so you agree the requirements and solution alternatives with the product owner, create appropriate technical architecture, develop concepts, implement the solution and test the applications within the team. You support our iterative move towards new technologies as well as to MS Azure or Google Cloud.
In the implementation phase, you take care of the implementation of the concepts, the automated tests and create technical documentation. By doing code, architecture and design reviews you ensure a high quality of the supplied software. The project team works lean/agile with Kanban in short innovation cycles.
- Highly motivated team player with very good communication skills in English; understanding basic German would be an advantage.
- University degree (MSc preferred) in mathematics, computer science, physics, etc.
- Some years of professional IT experience in database development (4 years)
- Good understanding of Cloud computing
- Good software engineering knowledge and good in conceptual thinking
- Very good understanding of databases, database design, SQL, Unix Scripting, ETL, data warehouses, OOAD.
- Knowledge of design patterns, new architectures, cloud computing and architectures, design patterns, best programming practices, enterprise patterns, Google Cloud or MS Azure computing/storage/DBs, testing
- Good understanding of Cloud computing, Google Cloud or MS Azure.
- Preferable basic knowledge in Elastic Search/Kibana, Java/ Hibernate, Python or R or Scripting, Flyway, Kafka, NoSQL DBs, Apache NIFI, Cloud computing basics, Built-pipelines/Jenkins/ Ansible, Linux
- Preferable basic knowledge of investment banking products (options, swaps, etc.) and risk processes (credit and/or market risk) or financial engineering/CFA.
- A friendly, inclusive and open-minded company culture
- A competitive salary with a very decent annual bonus system
- A sophisticated program of further professional training and personal growth.
- Home office, flexible working hours and an enjoyable relax corner where you can recharge your batteries
- Attractive fringe benefits incl. up to 30 days of vacation, paid sick leaves and sponsored public transport
- Modern offices in Karlovo náměstí, amazing multicultural colleagues and so much more!
Informace o pozici
- COMMERZBANK Aktiengesellschaft, pobočka Praha
- Karlovo náměstí 2097/10, Praha – Nové Město
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, More than 5 weeks of vacation
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer, Database specialist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer