Commerzbank has been present in the Czech Republic with a branch in Prague since 1992. Decades of experience have allowed Commerzbank to gain a true insight into the Czech market, with all its particularities and rules. This in-depth knowledge, combined with our financial expertise, allows us to provide extensive services to both German companies, with presence in the Czech Republic, and international companies with activities in Germany. Furthermore we also look after local companies who do local business in the Czech Republic. We are your strategic partner for international and local business
Student Support for Valuations
• Perform market conformity checks of FX trades – you will get to know various methods for checking if trades were concluded under fair market conditions, use market data in valuation of financial derivatives, analyze and validate the underlying market conditions.
• Document trades considered not in-line with market conditions and escalate identified breaches.
• Investigate deviations from market in cooperation with colleagues, traders in Front Office and other units in the bank.
• Ensure completeness and compliance with procedures /policies of the related day to day processes.
• Student in economics, finance, mathematics or related area with strong interest in financial derivatives.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (esp. Excel ), VBA and SQL is an advantage.
• Good analytical skills, logical approach to issue resolution.
• Time management skills and adherence to the agreed schedule.
• Good communicational skills and willingness to learn new things!
What do we offer:
• Become a part-time member of the Valuations Department in Commerzbank Prague.
• You will get a hands-on experience with valuation of a wide range of financial derivatives traded in FX (foreign exchange) markets: from simple forwards and swaps to options, barrier options and more complex ‘structured products’.
• You will see the background of trading of FX products performed by a large international bank, its trading systems and market data providers (such as Bloomberg or Reuters).
• You will experience the working environment of a well-established financial house with the world-wide presence.
• Flexible part-time contract (20 hours per week). Possibility to work full time over summer holidays.
If interested, please attach English CV and English Cover Letter (Topic: Your motivation and experience in Valuation)
Information about position
- COMMERZBANK Aktiengesellschaft, pobočka Praha
- Jugoslávská 934/1, Praha – Vinohrady
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: Banking industry and financial services
- Employment form
- Employment form: Part-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: agreement on working activities (DPČ)
- Employer type: Employer