Člověk v tísni, o. p. s.
120 00 Praha 2
Head of Digital Solutions Unit
Start-up date: September 2022 or upon agreement
Duration: 1 year with desirable extension
Refers to: RDD Director
Location: PIN head office (Prague) or home-based upon agreement. Homebase position requires frequent trips to PIN head office and should be preferably in a timezone -1/+1 CET zone
Salary: as per the PIN salary scales
Are you innovative thinker with strong leadership skills and a solid overview of software design and delivery and willingness to learn more?
People in Need (PIN), a Czech-based International Non-Governmental organization. Relief & Development Department (RDD) of PIN, which is providing humanitarian aid and development assistance in over 20 countries, uses digital innovations in many projects and in daily work. PIN developed its own system for beneficiary data management including modules supporting multipurpose cash, e-vouchers or non-food items distributions. https://www.humansis.org/. PIN uses this web-based platform mainly in Syria and in Ukraine, where PIN is one of the major humanitarian responders. At the same time PIN established a national-wide early warning system in Cambodia, using voice recorded messages to overcome illiteracy barriers and to improve maternal and child health in Zambia or Angola or established digitalized system for water resource management in Ethiopia, Besides this PIN is introducing JIRA for the management of internal projects.
Chief Digital Officer (CDO) is a senior role responsible for the implementation and further development of these platforms. CDO:
- Promotes digital innovations within RDD, inspires others and oversees its implementation.Provides leadership for the team and gains support for the respective agenda within PIN RDD
- Acts as an ambassador for innovations: suggests, promotes and assures the implementation of innovative technology
- Ability to liaison with multiple stakeholders as well as developers.
- Oversees and coordinates aspects related to cyber security and integrations with other IT systems.
- Is responsible for the development of digital solutions ensuring proper planning, resourcing, budgeting and quality control.
- Manages the Humansis team. Plans internal capacities for its implementation including development, rolling out and support.
- Together with Humansis Business Analyst maintains regular relation with the software development company, including prioritization, planning, control and budgeting.
- Ensures smooth and effective communication among respective country programme staff, HQ-based support staff, Humansis team and external software developers.
- Leads the implementation of Jira within RDD in close cooperation with the IT department of PIN.
- At least 5 years of execution of the senior managerial role.
- Significant experience in software design and delivery and adequate education.
- Ability to travel into countries of PIN operations and work in a culturally diverse environment
- Knowledge of the development process for web-based and mobile applications.
- Good understanding of project delivery methods including waterfall and agile.
- Demonstrated experience in people’s management and allocation of human resources.
- Strong presentation skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to structure and articulate messages effectively to different audiences at all levels.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, ensuring that the underlying problem is understood, and a solution is found.
- Communication and stakeholder management skills across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Understanding Humanitarian and Development programmes is an advantage.
- 25 days of paid leave annually; 3 sick days
- Laptop for work (also for personal use)
- PIN covers costs related to travelling abroad such as flights, accommodation, medical check-ups, vaccinations, travel insurance etc.
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online; travel health insurance;
- Relatively flexible working hours
- Access to internal e-learning and webinars
- Language courses
- International online induction for all the new staff (HQ + country programmes of RDD)
- Diverse work with an international dimension that makes sense and has visible results
- Work with inspiring people, in a pleasant environment of the largest Czech non-profit organization in the center of Prague
- An open and informal organizational culture without a dress code, where we all relate
- Opportunity to participate in interesting events that we organize
- Personal and professional development
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via our application form: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/C1F61E4359/apply/
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp).
Informace o pozici
- Člověk v tísni, o.p.s.
- Šafaříkova 635/24, Praha – Vinohrady
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, Dog-friendly office
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employer type: Non-profit organization
Šafaříkova 635/24, 12000 Praha – Vinohrady, Česká republika