The Swiss-based family owned company Bühler is a global, industrial solution provider for processing foods and for manufacturing advanced materials, contributing to food security and high energy efficiency.
Around 65% of the worldwide harvested grain is processed on Bühler mills, around 50% of all car taillamps or headlamps are getting metallized on Bühler machines. Every day, billions of people come into contact with Bühler technologies to cover their basic needs for foods, mobility, or communication.
Department Manager R&D
We are looking for Department Manager for our R&D department in Prague. The R&D department provides mechanical and software development services for various Business Units of Bühler Group.
Your responsibility includes defining and working within the department strategy in line with the global R&D strategy and Automation Destination 2025.
You provide leadership and direction as well as active talent and staff management and are responsible for the R&D project portfolio, ensuring that projects are executed within given targets. As department manager, you are responsible for technical compliance and adherence to Bühler design guidelines, as well as the R&D process.
Foster Bühler’s TOP values, the vision “innovations for a better world” and other strategic focus topics of the department and business.
Department Manager Job Duties:
- Typical Department Lead responsibilities like capacity planning, strategic alignment with Project Managers and Product Owners and addressing their requirements and complaints, administrative leadership of the department (attendance, travel planning and approval, yearly targets, etc.)
- Responsible for leading the R&D department in Prague which consists of several teams. and disciplines (e.g. R&D mechanical, electrical, PLC software, software solution, etc.)
- Direct leadership of one of the software teams and ensure quality and compliance with group processes, methods and tools, as well as compliance with international standards
- Monitor and control financial aspects of the department, as well as project costs and budget
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in R&D or Software Development
- Minimum 3 years Department Management experience preferably in an international environment
- Excellent leadership and team building skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (German is an asset)
- Strong understanding across multiple R&D disciplines (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic, PLC Software, IoT, Technology and Services) and all R&D tracks (Product Management, R&D and Supply Chain)
- Project management skills such as scheduling, cost planning and tracking
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complex situations
In return we offer
- International, successful company with sustainable prospects for the future
- Dynamic, intercultural and motivated team
- Professional environment with an open communication culture
- Wide technically & modern environment with interesting challenges
- Exciting development and training opportunities
In case you do identify yourself in this profile and want to work in a successful team, we are looking forward to your application. The next step is yours!
Informace o pozici
- Bühler Praha s.r.o.
- Jihlavská 1558/21, Praha – Michle
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced) or German (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Opportunity to work up hours, Foreign business trips
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, Top management, SW architect, Project Manager, IT Manager, Development Manager / Team Leader
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer