BTL Medical Technologies is Czech company which is currently one of the three world leaders in the development and manufacture of physiotherapy equipment and well-known company in the field of cardiology and aesthetic medicine with growing market share. Extensive range of devices are distributed under the brand BTL in more than 80 countries. The philosophy of the company is to develop, produce and distribute unique products with high added value, top quality and unique design. For more information about our products, please visit http://www.btlnet.com/
Medical design is the purest form of user-centered design. Empathy towards medical professionals and patients is key.
BTL is a strong B2B brand in the field of physiotherapy, aesthetics and cardio (diagnostics). At BTL our focus is on creating the highest level of durable and ergonomic professional-tools for doctors, therapists and nurses. Every BTL device must deliver optimal therapy in a hygienic, easy-to-clean system. BTL devices also positively influence the emotional aspects of patients, communicating a strong feeling of trust, safety and comfort.
What you´ll be doing with us:
- This is a key Industrial Designer position. We are looking for a talented independent individual with compelling skills building extraordinary convergent experiences, involving physical, digital, and brand components. You’ll join a small team that explores and learns by making and testing, questioning and obsessing over every interaction, shape, surface and detail.
- You should be able to form your design brief from conversations, and quickly propose ideas via sketching and low-fidelity mock-ups, while quickly broadening your technical understanding as new technologies become available. You should be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Robust communication and collaboration skills are required.
- Together, we at BTL R&D are creating the new wave in medical design based on the latest advancements in therapy technology. Our work will shape the future of Medical Design.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 2+ years of work experience in product development.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity in product design.
- Strong design experience in taking product idea(s) from concept to production. Electronic and electro-mechanical devices are a plus.
- Skilled in one or more 3D CAD applications (Rhino). Understanding of NURBS modelling is mandatory. SubD modelling is a plus (Blender, Rhino etc). Parametric surfacing is a plus (Grasshopper etc).
- Skilled with 2D sketching - on paper, whiteboard, and digital sketching programmes (Photoshop, Sketchbook Pro, Procreate etc).
- Skilled with hands-on modelling, rapid prototyping processes and methods.
- Broad knowledge of production technologies, and curiosity for new technologies.
- Design experience in color, material and finish, at production level.
- Consulting agency experience is a plus.
- User research field-experience is a plus.
- Project management skills are a plus.
- Skilled with rendering software (Blender, Keyshot etc) is a plus.
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills.
- English on an advanced level - enough for cooperation on international projects, Czech is a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree in industrial design or product design or similar field.
What can you look forward to:
- Professional growth in an expanding international technology company
- Interesting technological projects in the field of electronic medical systems and devices
- Space for one’s own creativity with minimum burden of processes
- Wide range of employee benefits and flexible working hours
- Pleasant work environment, cultural and sport activities supported by the company
- Portfolio of selected work
- Recommendation letter
Information about position
- BTL Medical Technologies s.r.o.
- Evropská 423/178, Praha – Vokovice
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: Marketing, Mechanical engineering, Technology and development, Industrial Designer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Evropská 423/178, 160 00 Praha – Praha 6, Česká republika
+420 775 934 382