At Avast, we strive to give everyone the power to explore our shared digital world freely and safely. Our team is working to help shape the digital world to be a freer, fairer and safer place through the application of science, technology, and human ingenuity, and we are looking for people who share our passion to contribute to a better online world. Avast promotes a rich diversity of cultures, debates, and out-of-the-box thinking. Today, Avast is an FTSE 100 company that safeguards more than 435 million people worldwide, protecting their digital data, identity, and privacy.
Senior Researcher, AI
Avast’s innovative approach comes from some of the most talented and experienced engineers on the planet. Our scientists, engineers and mathematicians are from some of the most highly respected institutions, including Stanford, MIT, Oxford and NASA. Our growth is fueled by our passionate, fun culture of wanting to win and ‘beat the bad guys’.
About this Role
For our Artificial Intelligence Team, we are looking for a Senior Researcher in AI. You will be part of a top-notch AI research team developing models for various applications across the company. The resulting models will be part of our security engines deployed to millions of devices, the intelligence platform in the cloud, the personalization platform, or smart product features improving user experience.
What you will do
- Developing, maintaining, and monitoring data and machine learning pipelines
- Extracting features from Avast data relevant to modelling tasks
- Data analysis on what is behind or what is driving some business phenomenon
- Analysis and development, maintenance and monitoring of machine learning models
- Working on product roadmap end-to-end, from collecting requirements and planning research to delivering production data pipelines and machine learning models
- Close collaboration with business domain experts
- Strong programming and algorithm design skills, proven track record with developing and shipping software
- Basic mathematical background for machine learning, no topology required, some basic linear algebra, calculus and statistics will be sufficient
- Solid machine learning background and familiarity with basic Machine Learning algorithms and techniques
- Experience in building production machine learning systems
- Proficiency in Python and Python data analysis/machine learning stack
- Overview of big data systems (Hive, Spark) and SQL databases
Desired skills and experience
- Master’s degree in mathematics, econometrics or computer science
- Experience with TensorFlow/PyTorch and neural networks in any domain (computer vision, NLP, speech processing, ...)
- Experience with analysing big data (Hive, Spark)
- Experience with analytics/machine learning in business
- An exciting job in an international team of a growing and very successful company
- An exciting product portfolio
- Opportunities for professional growth
- The multifaceted international work environment
- An adequate performance-based salary
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Unlimited Personal Time Off - because each of us needs enough time to relax
- Newcomer's Stock Grants (RSUs) - because we want you to directly benefit from Avast's future growth. We give every new employee (on unlimited contract) Avast's restricted stock units which will become free shares over time.
- Whole-life flexibility - we empower our people to choose where, when, and how they work (alternatively we can also add: and measure their contribution based on the achievements and outcomes rather than hours they work)
Sounds exciting? We look forward to hearing from you.
Avast does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team, even in a situation when the relevant candidate is employed by Avast.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Informace o pozici
- AVAST Software s.r.o.
- Pikrtova 1737/1a, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Work mostly from home, More than 5 weeks of vacation
- Listed in: Research and development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer