Avast Software is a leader in cybersecurity products for consumers and businesses. As one of the largest security companies in the world, it uses next-gen technologies to fight cyber-attacks in real time. The company differs from other next-gen companies in that it has an immense cloud-based machine learning engine that receives a constant stream of data from more than 400 million users, which facilitates learning at unprecedented speeds and makes the artificial intelligence engine smarter and faster than anyone else’s.
Backend Software Engineer (Scala, Python, Go)
We are a team focused on developing Avast’s Threat Intelligence Platforms. Our team is responsible for developing state of the art Threat Intelligence platforms, for our security analysts in order to improve our capabilities on hunting, tracking, and detecting threats. APKLab.io is one of our platforms helping on protecting over 100M mobile users.
Our main technologies are Python and Scala but we have some projects written in JAVA, C++, and C. Experience with any of these languages is welcome but not necessary.
This is a position for a dynamic professional who would like to participate in building and expanding our Threat Intelligence Platforms. We are looking for a pro-active developer with a passion for writing efficient code and learning new technologies, so if you are a bright, motivated engineer who enjoys working on interesting and challenging problems then we would love to hear from you.
We regularly speak about interesting technologies and projects at internal tech talks (https://slideslive.com/avast) and external conferences.
Who are we looking for:
- Developer with full-stack programming experience to help us develop and extend the core systems of our Threat Intelligence platforms
- Someone who is interested in learning new things and new technologies
- Be innovative. Threat Intelligence Platforms are complex, so new ideas and features are always welcome
- Experience in backend programming and will to learn Scala and Python, which we are using the most (experience with Go would be a nice bonus)
- Experience with front-end programming using Node.js and reactive frameworks (we are using Vue with Vuetify)
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Active English communication skills
- Enthusiasm, good self-motivation, and teamwork skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Interesting job in an international team at a successful, growing company
- Space for self-improvement in the team of highly skilled colleagues
- Immediate and measurable influence on quality of Avast products
- Pleasant working environment
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, great training system and much more
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!
Informace o pozici
- AVAST Software s.r.o.
- Pikrtova 1737/1a, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Flexible start/end of working hours, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Corporate events, Dog-friendly office, Children-friendly office
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer