Avast is a global leader in digital security products. With over 400 million users online, we offer products under the Avast and AVG brands that protect people from threats on the internet and the evolving IoT threat landscape. Our threat detection network is among the most advanced in the world, using machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies to detect and stop threats in real time. We offer digital security products for Mobile, PC and Mac, which are top-ranked and certified by VB100, AV-Comparatives, AV-Test, SE Labs and others.
Headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
QA Automation Engineer
Do you want your next job to have a real impact? The world biggest AV company opens the position in QA, requiring creativity and reliability in challenges related to both automated and manual testing of the company’s flagship product.
Come up with own solutions to complex problems, join and learn from our crew of QA veterans, making the impossible possible with the power of Python. Become a Software Engineer in QA at Avast Software.
- Create automated tests for our products
- Identify options for test automation and develop these automated tests together with the team
- Ask why and provide the best possible solution
- Bring new ideas for our features. Provide a fresh look at the products and their improvements.
- Create testing tools
- Manually test the products
- Collaborate with other team members and teams
- Participate in the analysis and design of our products
- Experience in the QA area for at least 1 year
- Experience in test automation at least 6 months
- Ability to get things done
- Active knowledge of the English language + fluency in Czech/Slovak/Serbian
- Ability to work in a team
- Passionate for work, eager to solve problems as they arise
- Ability of self-motivation
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help
Additional desirable knowledge:
- Knowledge of Python or Java, C++
- Knowledge in software security
- Knowledge in testing Windows programs and services
- Experience in quality assurance methods
- University degree in computer science is a plus
- An interesting job in an international friendly team at a major global tech company
- Space for self-improvement in the team of highly skilled colleagues
- Immediate and measurable influence on the quality of Avast products
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator and much more
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!
Information about position
- AVAST Software s.r.o.
- Přízova 526/7, Brno – Trnitá
- Pikrtova 1737/1a, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Flexible start/end of working hours, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Corporate events, Dog-friendly office, Children-friendly office
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer