Avast Software, a FTSE 100 is a leader in cybersecurity products for consumers and businesses. As one of the largest security companies in the world, it uses next-gen technologies to fight cyber-attacks in real time. The company differs from other next-gen companies in that it has an immense cloud-based machine learning engine that receives a constant stream of data from more than 400 million users, which facilitates learning at unprecedented speeds and makes the artificial intelligence engine smarter and faster than anyone else’s.
Purpose of the role:
We’re the operations team responsible for the Avast’s Linux systems infrastructure, which consists of over 3500 servers located at multiple data centers around the world and over 100 backend applications providing services to more than 400 million client applications/devices. We’re constantly facing interesting challenges including the problem of keeping millions of TCP sessions on one server, geo-load-balancing hundreds of thousand queries per backend, managing databases with terabytes of data, and managing the big data infrastructure storing and processing petabytes of data.
The team is structured into smaller groups responsible for separate knowledge domains and backends, but each group is also working on a common platform and sharing the knowledge with the rest of the team. We’re striving to provide platforms for the engineering teams enabling them to develop, deploy, monitor, and operate their software as independently as possible. We value openness, the ability to express our own opinion, and a desire to improve yourself and the team.
What we require:
- working experience with Linux OS (CentOS preferred)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Shell scripting
- Desire to learn new technologies and to solve various technical challenges
- Positive working attitude, teamwork spirit and communication skills
- English written and spoken
It is a plus, if you know/have:
- Another scripting language (Python preferred)
- Openstack or other virtualization automation tools
- Docker/Kubernetes experience
- Experience with config management tools (eg. Puppet, Ansible)
- Work with a large number of technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, NginX, ElasticSearch, Hadoop stack, Kafka, Cassandra, and many others)
- The opportunity to influence the way the team works
- The ability to influence the features, the architecture and the quality of Avast products
- Flexible working hours, home working
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Annual Bonus
- Sick days
- Cafeteria provided by Benefit plus (Multisport card, pension insurance, travel and much more)
- Training and conferences
Sounds interesting? We would like to hear back from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Informace o pozici
- AVAST Software s.r.o.
- Pikrtova 1737/1a, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Discount on company products / services, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, Individual schedules of working hours, Opportunity to work up hours, Foreign business trips, International conferences
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, Operating system and network administrator
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer