Avast Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 30 years, Avast is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from a free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for businesses – offered in 40 languages.
Based in Prague, the Czech Republic, with offices in many different countries including Canada, Germany, USA, the Netherlands, and Taiwan, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different countries.
Junior QA Engineer
You will work as a Junior Quality Assurance Engineer within Avast Student Pool. Students in Avast routinely help with testing applications for Windows, Mac, Linux and mobile platforms. Through your daily work, you will be able to learn more about what we do in our product development teams and discover who does what. You will start with simple tasks in testing the applications and over time through gaining more and more experience you will become a specialist in your area fully responsible for delivery.
- Participation in all phases of the product life cycle. Testing complex security & functions with applications on multiple platforms. Review new requirements and design new test scenarios and scripts. Create, review and maintain a test plan (or its part)
- Development of testing support tools and test automation in a chosen language (eg Python, Java, .NET etc.) - functional, stress, regression and acceptance tests.
- Bug reporting and verification, ensure the quality of products for customer usability
- Performance of other small tasks based on instructions
- The ability to do some programming in an object-oriented language (Python, Java, C ++, etc.).
- Focus on new technologies
- Thoroughness and independence
- We prefer Masters students or those finalizing Bachelor's degree
- Focus on software testing advantage
- Spoken and written English
- Focus on Windows Internals, or the specifics of programming for Windows is a big plus
- We appreciate an Experience in writing automated tests
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library and much more
- Flexible working hours
- Multisport card
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- The amazing and truly international work environment
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!
Information about position
- AVAST Software s.r.o.
- Pikrtova 1737/1a, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Flexible start/end of working hours, Refreshments on workplace, Corporate events, Dog-friendly office
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration
- Employment form
- Employment form: Part-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: agreement on working activities (DPČ)
- Employer type: Employer