Avast Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 30 years, Avast is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from a free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for businesses – offered in 40 languages.
Based in Prague, the Czech Republic, with offices in many different countries including Canada, Germany, USA, the Netherlands, and Taiwan, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different countries.
C++ Network Security Programmer
We are looking for a C++ developer into the network security team. The team is working directly on the core components of the Avast Antivirus product for Windows. We create features that monitor network communication and downloaded files and search for malware patterns and attacks. In case we find anything suspicious, we stop the traffic and notify the user.
As a part of this team, you'll be working on the network security components in the Avast Antivirus product for Windows such as Web Shield, Firewall or Wi-fi inspector. You'll also participate in creating new methods of network protection against network malware and worms for our new product, Avast Omni. As most of our code is in C and C++, we need someone with good knowledge of C++ and experience with network protocols and network programming. In cooperation with the Linux developers on the Omni product, you will work on the new methods for capturing and monitoring traffic on home networks and new ways for protecting IoT devices.
- Design and implementation of network security component on Windows platform
- Discovery of network devices on the local networks
- Communication using UDP, TCP, ARP
- Understanding the TCP/IP communication from PCAPs
- Analysis of new networks protocols
What skills and knowledge should you posses
- Good knowledge of C++
- Win32 API, networks programming
- experience with network protocols (TCP/IP, QUIC, HTTP/S, SSL, ARP, DNS, UPNP)
- knowledge of techniques of ethical hacking
- knowledge of network analysis tools, such as WireShark or Fiddle
What can we offer
- Interesting job in an international team of growing and a very successful company
- Food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, great training systém and much more (Brno and Prague based)
- Flexible working hours
- Cafeteria benefit system
- 25 days of holiday (Brno and Prague based)
- 5 sick days
- Many opportunities for professional growth – educational activities very well covered
Informace o pozici
- AVAST Software s.r.o.
- Pikrtova 1737/1a, Praha – Nusle
- Požadované vzdělání: Vysokoškolské / univerzitní
- Požadované jazyky: Angličtina (Středně pokročilá)
- Zařazeno: IS/IT: Vývoj aplikací a systémů
- Typ pracovního poměru
- Typ pracovního poměru: Práce na plný úvazek
- Délka pracovního poměru
- Délka pracovního poměru: Na dobu neurčitou
- Typ smluvního vztahu
- Typ smluvního vztahu: pracovní smlouva
- Zadavatel: Zaměstnavatel