Avast Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 30 years, Avast is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from a free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for businesses – offered in 40 languages.
Based in Prague, the Czech Republic, with offices in many different countries including Canada, Germany, USA, the Netherlands, and Taiwan, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different countries.
Software Engineer Python
We are looking for a skilled software developer to join our Virus Lab team and help us creating new tools and systems used for automated malware detection, analysis, and extraction of threat intelligence. Most of these systems will be related to the Yara pattern-matching language (https://virustotal.github.io/yara/). You will be responsible for creating new systems connected via APIs and RabbitMQ, enhancing and optimizing existing systems in terms of scalability and processing speed, and cooperating with other team members on preparing new improvements.
- Creating new systems connected via APIs and RabbitMQ; interconnected with sandboxes and other tools
- Enhancements and optimization of existing systems in terms of scalability and processing speed
- Active cooperation with malware analysts on preparing new improvements
- Good knowledge of Python with the ability to write clean code
- Experience with software development (tests, documentation, Git, etc.)
- Knowledge of database systems such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Nice-to-have: Knowledge of C or C++
- Nice-to-have: Familiarity with Yara and/or reverse engineering
- Nice-to-have: Linux and Windows development and CMake knowledge
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, pool tables, table tennis, music studio, fitness center, library, great training system and much more
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- An amazing and truly international work environment
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!
Informace o pozici
- AVAST Software s.r.o.
- Přízova 526/7, Brno – Trnitá
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: English (Advanced), Czech (Proficient)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Cafeteria, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, Children-friendly office
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer