Avast Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 30 years, Avast is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from a free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for businesses – offered in 40 languages.
Based in Prague, the Czech Republic, with offices in many different countries including Canada, Germany, USA, the Netherlands, and Taiwan, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different countries.
QA Engineer (Backend Systems)
You will become a member of our License Delivery team that takes care of high-performance and business critical set of backend services. You will be an integral part of a team of senior backend devs and be the one to make sure that everything keeps running smoothly, as the whole company´s revenue flow relies on this team!
What you will do:
- Design and develop automated tests for a dense ecosystem of backend services – the tech stack is pretty much your choice!
- A small part of the workload will also be manual tests
- You will validate health of our services, new features and bug fixes. It is your responsibility to find out that something´s wrong and make sure to fix it. No test cases, no scenarios
- With the team, you will make significant non-trivial and long-lived testing strategy decisions and have a say in what the future solutions will look like
- You will also participate in daily team standups and coordinate your tasks with the whole dev team on a daily basis
What we need:
- Experience in testing of API endpoints
- Experience with monitoring and alerting
- Good scripting or programming knowledge - preferable Python (but not limited to)
- Communicative English
- Good analytic skills
- Developed sense of humor and strong interest in table football is an asset!
Knowing these is an advantage:
- TeamCity, Git, Octopus Deploy, Docker
- Tools cURL, WireShark, Fiddler
- PostgreSQL, MSSQL Server or Cassandra database
- Messaging systems patterns
What we offer:
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, great training system and much more
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- An amazing and truly international work environment
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!
Informace o pozici
- AVAST Software s.r.o.
- Pikrtova 1737/1a, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick day, Occasional work from home, Corporate Events, Dog-friendly office, Children-friendly office
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer