Avast Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 30 years, Avast is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from a free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for businesses – offered in 40 languages.
Based in Prague, the Czech Republic, with offices in many different countries including Canada, Germany, USA, the Netherlands, and Taiwan, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different countries.
We're looking for a versatile software engineer to work on backend systems that help protecting our users.
Are you a passionate developer in multiple languages but prefer the backend side?
Do you like the idea of creating systems that process thousands of requests per second sensitive to latency?
Then we're looking for you!
Your role would be to design, develop, test and help maintaining distributed backend systems running in data centers all over the world. Join a team responsible for development of various backend applications - we love Scala and functional programming, but we do whatever is needed using different technologies and approaches.
- Develop high-performance distributed backend systems
- Work in a team of 4-8 developers
- Develop software components and support tools in various languages - BigData jobs, automation scripts, UI for internal tools etc.
- Contribute to overall system architecture
- Review code of your peers
- Create and maintain documentation
- Debug production issues and help maintaining the systems (DevOps)
- Contribute to continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Use open source libraries and contribute back
- Learn from your peers and teach them something you know well
- Knowledge of Scala or Java (ideally both, JVM in general)
- General knowledge of computer science and software engineering (algorithms, data structures, discrete mathematics, computer architecture, networks, software architecture)
- Familiarity with the usual developer's toolkit - Git, Gradle, Maven, IDE
- Familiarity with databases (Cassandra, Postgres, Redis)
- Familiarity with messaging systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Familiarity with Linux and Bash scripting
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with build automation (TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Experience with Linux Ops (Puppet) or Big Data (Hadoop) is beneficial
- Willingness to learn new technologies, passion for challenges
- Being responsible
- An interesting job in an international team of a growing and very successful company
- An exciting product portfolio
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Dynamic international work environment
- An adequate performance based salary
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, language lessons and much more
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- The chance to join a major global tech company
Sounds interesting? We´d love to hear from you!
Informace o pozici
- AVAST Software s.r.o.
- Pikrtova 1737/1a, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick day, Occasional work from home, Corporate Events, Dog-friendly office, Children-friendly office
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer