Avast Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 30 years, Avast is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from a free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for businesses – offered in 40 languages.
Based in Prague, the Czech Republic, with offices in many different countries including Canada, Germany, USA, the Netherlands, and Taiwan, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different countries.
Linux C++ Developer
We’re looking for an experienced C++ developer for Linux systems. Are a you a passionate developer understanding (or willing to understand) network level programming? Do you know how to build high performance and low latency constructs? Do you like the idea of processing hundreds of MBits/s, extracting useful pieces of information, applying threat intelligence, protecting users from malicious network traffic? And do you even more like the idea of serving to hundreds of millions of users? Than we’re probably looking for you. Our software aims to run on routers and similar network devices, providing security, privacy, control and insights to our users.
What you will do:
- Work in a team of 4-8 developers
- Develop software components (daemons) in C++ or other languages
- Study existing open source software and libraries and propose its contribution to the final solution
- Contribute to overall system architecture
- Develop support tools in various scripting languages (BASH, Python, etc.)
- Work with other team members (e.g. code review)
- Create and maintain documentation (code, APIs, interaction, etc.)
- Contribute to continuous integration, delivery and deployment pipeline
What we need:
- Advanced knowledge of C/C++ (2+ years of real experience)
- Knowledge of any other language compiled to machine code is an advantage (Rust, GO, etc.)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (bash, Python, etc.)
- General Computer Science knowledge -- algorithms & data structures, discrete mathematics, computer architecture, networks, etc.
- Understanding major POSIX standards, proficiency with using them
- Experience with debugging own but also other’s code
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies, especially network in depth
- Active knowledge of English
- Ability to make responsible decisions
- Ability to work in team
What we offer:
- Great job in an international team of growing and a very successful company
- Lots of engineering freedom, endless space for creativity
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, great training system and much more
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- An amazing and truly international work environment
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!
Informace o pozici
- AVAST Software s.r.o.
- Pikrtova 1737/1a, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Zaměstnavatel