The Global Tier 3 (GT3) engineer is responsible for evaluating and resolving customer's issue which might involve working directly with the customer, vendor and other support groups within AT&T. He or She must be able to dynamically multitask on diverse issues and work in a fast pace SLA driven environment.
GT3 provides last level support for AT&T customers for all service lines across the globe. GT3 teams in the US, AP and EMEA provide support on a Follow-the-Sun basis. The EMEA team cover a window of approx.. 9am-6pm CET, overlapping with AP at the start of day and US.
Although this position is focused at the Tier 3 support component of GT3 work, there will be opportunities to engage in technical project work and other GT3 tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a GT3 Engineer, you will work tickets from the GT3 AOTS fault queue. Tickets come into this queue from all Tier 2 organizations around the globe. Tickets in this queue relate to generally complex faults that could not be resolved at Tier 1 and Tier 2 levels. Tickets are assigned automatically according to severity and your profile. Tickets require in-depth technical knowledge and a rigorous approach to problem determination. You will be responsible for owning tickets through to resolution.
To achieve this will involve:
* Problem diagnosis by examining network environments and applying knowledge and skills to determine root cause.
* Direct customer contact to progress problems.
* Engaging other AT&T departments in relevant geographies.
* Organizing and participating in conference bridges to resolve problems.
* Driving vendors - notably TAC - to identify bugs and provide workarounds to live customer issues.
* Creating and documenting Action Plans to drive problems to closure. For problems which require progression beyond end of shift, you will be responsible for ensuring handover to the next region according to well-defined processes.
*This position requires flexibility of work pattern. You will be required to work weekends on a regular basis, receiving weekdays off in lieu.
Key Competencies and Skills:
Candidates should demonstrate very detailed knowledge and significant working experience of:
* Cisco and Juniper routers/switches configuration and troubleshooting in enterprise LAN/WAN/Datacenter environment
* Routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
* Technologies such as VPN, MPLS, IPSEC, Voice/IPT , QoS, WAN acceleration, Load balancing
* Ability to analyze packets and protocols
* Understanding of SDWAN principles Candidate should also demonstrate the following skills: * Ownership - managing issues to resolution
* A methodical approach to problem-solving
* Ability to set priorities and make decisions
* Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge in real world
* Well-developed verbal and written communication skills Desirable knowledge, experience and skills
*Work experience in customer support role
* Understanding of AT&T global support organizations and service lines
Education and Qualifications:
Skills corresponding to Cisco/Juniper professional certifications or above.
Working hours: EMEA, weekend shift (Saturday + Sunday) occasionally
Informace o pozici
- Palachovo náměstí 726/2, Brno – Starý Lískovec
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, Telecommunications, Telecommunication operator, Operating system and network administrator, IT Security Specialist, System Engineer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer