The beginnings of ESET date back to 1987, when two young programming enthusiasts, Peter Paško and Miroslav Trnka, wrote a program for the detection of one of the world’s first computer viruses. They did not know that they had created one of the most successful antivirus programs in the world – dubbing it NOD. In 1992, together with their mutual friend Rudolf Hrubý, they formally established ESET.
What started as the brainchild of a few friends has evolved into the most valuable international brand of any Slovak company. Today ESET’s NOD32 technology protects over 100 million users across the world.
This success did not come overnight. The company’s global success and growth was given a boost in 1998 with its first “VB100” award from the prestigious Virus Bulletin magazine. Since then, we’ve received this accolade more than 80 times.
Today, over 1,000 employees around the world drive the company’s success − more than 450 of them in Slovakia, the home of ESET headquarters. We put great emphasis on research and development. In addition to seven regional centers, we are building a network of technology centers around the world – at present numbering nine.
Throughout the company’s expansion, we have stayed true to the principles on which we were founded, and we remain independent in order to continue to meet new challenges.
TYPO3 Web Developer
We seek a versatile, flexible web-developer with the ability to learn fast and adapt to new technologies, rather than a deeply specialized expert. Willingness to read and learn new code is a must. We are looking for someone who enjoys tinkering with various web manuals, experimenting with different ways to find the optimal (not the first googled out) solution.
Job description, responsibilities and duties:
- Be responsible for the functionality and technical solution of web pages and applications on eset.com website, develop new functionality, implement and test proposed changes into company‘s online properties, cooperate on online projects with internal teams and external suppliers
- Communicate, support and consult the technical, functional and content side of online properties with internal teams, external agencies and distributors
- Development of comprehensive, international TYPO3 platforms with a primary focus on scalability, localization and performance based on various client-specific requirements
- Developing complex websites based on TYPO3, framework-based web applications and e-commerce systems
- Creating new, tweaking and maintaining existing plugins implemented by external suppliers
- Extending TYPO3 by Implementing new front and back-end functionalities based on various internal or partner requests
- Development of custom TYPO3 extensions
- HTML template integration
Requirements and skills:
- Proven skills in software development with TYPO3 and PHP
- Good knowledge of LAMP environment
- PHP7 – ability to read, understand and create, basic knowledge of PHP Fat-Free and Slim Frameworks is advantage
- HTML5, CSS3
- Object oriented programming with Domain Driven Design
- Relational model, database modeling
- Independent development and teamwork skills
- Minimum one year of experience with TYPO3
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
Stay productive, have fun with us and...
- Enjoy breakfast every morning – with free rolls, salads and muffins. Fruit and other snacks are here for you all day, too.
- We will keep you hydrated – with unlimited, free, high-quality coffee, tea, fruit juice and mineral water at our offices.
- We’ll help you recharge – nobody wants you to spend the whole day sitting behind a computer, there is a chillout room and also free gym membership.
- We provide a transport allowance – whether you commute by car, tram, bicycle or by foot.
- You won’t stay hungry either! You will be provided with meal vouchers – at a value well above the statutory level, for every day at work. ESET pays the entire cost of these.
- Your education and growth is important for us - therefore – with personal development we will help you to grow on the job. With your supervisor’s consent, you can attend training courses, Google conferences, marketing festivals, professional conferences and improve your language skills, all compliments of ESET
- ESET cares about your family too – via a bonus when you get married or have a child.
- We help you to save for later in life – by contributing to your retirement savings.
- As an ESET team member – you will join numerous team-building activities and a variety of other company-sponsored events for both employees and their families throughout the year. This way we all can relax and enjoy some time together.
If you are interested in this position, please apply on this link:
Informace o pozici
- ESET Česká republika
- Brno – Brno-město
- Brno – Brno-město
- Brno – Staré Brno
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Zaměstnavatel
Job is suitable for the physically challenged, attendance to company site required. Suitable for: Deaf, Disabled, Wheelchair bound.