WORK ABROAD AS A LABORATORY TECHNICIAN FOR HUMANITARIAN ORG
Have you ever thought of doing a challenging job abroad? Would you like to use your professional skills to improve somebody’s life? Are you willing to leave your family for several months to go and work in a developing country? If you answered “yes” to at least one of these questions, read further!
In its treatment of such neglected diseases as tuberculosis, malaria, HIV/AIDS, sleeping sickness, and others, WE ARE LOOKING FOR experienced professionals with a background in LABORATORY ANALYSIS. A single functioning laboratory that delivers reliable results can serve as a basis for diagnosis and thus for successful treatment strategies. It is the job of the Laboratory Technician to guarantee this.
During their missions, Lab Techs are, above all, entrusted with the establishment and improvement of laboratory facilities and quality control both in local health stations and in hospitals. Frequently, Lab Techs also take part in performing field studies (on malaria resistance, for example). As with most jobs in MSF, education and further training of local laboratory personnel is a top priority.
Examples of tasks that laboratory technician would be involved in at the field level include:
· Organizing and setting up laboratory activities including the ordering of laboratory equipment and consumables, screening qualifications of national laboratory staff, developing laboratory protocols, and determining the tasks and responsibilities of the laboratory staff.
· Ensuring delivery of quality laboratory activities in MSF clinics by the setting up of standard quality control activities.
· Actively involved in artemisinin-based combination therapies for malaria.
· Quality control for the malaria diagnoses in the laboratories.
· Training the clinic staff in using rapid tests
· Data collection and assessment regarding malaria infections in severely malnourished children
· Undertaking expansion of laboratory activities in other areas, and other fields such as diagnosis of tuberculosis, sexually transmitted infections including HIV, as needed.
· MTA degree and two years of laboratory practice after attainment of diploma or completed biology or chemistry degree with relevant medical laboratory experience
· Recommended: knowledge of tropical medicine, or tuberculosis, AIDS/HIV, parasitology
· Available for a mission of 6 to 9 months
· Very good knowledge of English essential, other languages (in particular French) are a major advantage
· Working contract for the duration of the assignment with a monthly gross salary of 1,050 EUR
· Demanding but also very rewarding work
· Working as part of a multicultural team
· Coverage of all mission-related costs (travel, accommodation, insurance)
· Professional and personal enrichment
1. Attendance at an information evening where you can learn more about the organization and its work, and speak with experienced field personnel regarding the roles in the field. You may then submit your application.
2. If your application passes the initial screening, we will then check your professional/technical qualifications.
3. All candidates must then take part in an interview and assessment in our Vienna office.
Lékaři bez hranic/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters. MSF operates in almost 70 countries worldwide with almost 3,000 international and 31,000 national staff in the field. In 1999 MSF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
If you are interested in working for MSF, please sign up for the information evening/online webinar on http://www.lekari-bez-hranic.cz/cz/informacni-vecery.
For further information please contact us by phone +420 257 090 155 or visit our website at www.lekari-bez-hranic.cz/cz/prace-v-terenu.
Informace o pozici
- Lékaři bez hranic
- Seifertova 555/47, Praha – Žižkov
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Salary: 1 040 – 1 700 EUR/month
- Listed in: Chemical industry, Health and social care, Pharmaceutical, Chemist, Internist, Laboratory technician, Pharmaceutical laboratory technician
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Nezisková organizace
Seifertova 555/47, 13000 Praha – Žižkov, Česká republika
257 090 155